Epcon 0.5mg Tablets
Epcon 0.5 MG Description
Epcon is a prescription medication. It is primarily used to treat anxiety, panic disorders, and seizure disorders (epilepsy). The pharmacological component of Epcon is Clonazepam. Seizures occur d
ue to abnormal, uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain and can have many symptoms. Some of these symptoms can include abnormal movements, loss of consciousness, uprolling of eyes, loss of control of urination and defecation etc. Seizure disorders may require long term treatment with anticonvulsants. Anxiety is a condition characterised by increased worry and fear about routine situations. Anxiety can present with increased heart rate, sweating, restlessness, trembling, increased rate of breathing etc. Panic disorder is also a type of anxiety disorder with loss of control and fear. It is important to note that Clonazepam has habit-forming potential and maybe misused. Careful monitoring while on this medication is required and necessary. Epcon should be taken as recommended by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. Taking the tablet at the same time every day is advisable for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹4.32 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of anxiety disorders, seizure disorders|
|Side effects||Lethargy, fatigue, drowsiness, impaired coordination & balance, dizziness, excessive sleepiness, blurred vision, confusion, irritability, loss of libido|
Uses of Epcon 0.5 MG
- Anxiety disorders
- Seizure disorders
Contraindications of Epcon 0.5 MG
- If you have known hypersensitivity from clonazepam or benzodiazepine or known allergies to any components in this medication.
- If you have liver dysfunction.
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have respiratory insufficiency.
- If you have congenital blood dyscrasias known as porphyrias.
- If you’ve a history of depression or suicidal ideation.
- If you have a history of substance use and dependence.
Side effects of Epcon 0.5 MG
- Impaired coordination & balance
- Blurred vision
- Loss of libido
Precautions and Warnings of Epcon 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications.
- You witness any mood changes or suicidal thoughts.
Mode of Action of Epcon 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epcon 0.5 MG
- Epcon tablet should be taken as prescribed by your treating physician.
- It's recommended to take this medication regularly, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects of this medication.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole. Don't crush, chew or break this tablet.
- It's recommended to finish the full course of this medication as prescribed by your treating doctor.
- Abrupt stoppage of Epcon can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication.
Interactions of Epcon 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- The concomitant use of this medication with opioids (like morphine, tramadol etc.) is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death.
- It should also not be used with other CNS depressants like alcohol can also cause similar effects and present life-threatening adverse effects. Inform your doctor about your current medications at the time of prescription of Epcon....
Interactions with food items
- Epcon tablet does not have any known interaction with food items.
Storage and disposal of Epcon 0.5 MG
Dosage of Epcon 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)