Eclospan Cream 15gm
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eclospan cream is a combination medicine. It is used to treat different types of skin problems such as itching, redness, inflammation suspected to have a bacterial or fungal infection. It helps in reducing symptoms like rashes, itchiness, redness and other symptoms associated with skin infections. Eclospan cream contains beclomethasone (beclometasone), miconazole and neomycin. Beclometasone is a steroid, miconazole and neomycin are antifungal and antibacterial agents respectively. Eclospan cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take/use and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Eclospan cream....
|You Save||₹25.56 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Miconazole(2.0 %),Neomycin(0.5 %),Beclometasone(0.025 %)|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
|Classification||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Miconazole(2.0 %) + Neomycin(0.5 %) + Beclometasone(0.025 %)
Uses of Eclospan Cream 15gm
Eclospan cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation due to superficial bacterial or fungal infections.
Contraindications of Eclospan Cream 15gm
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, miconazole, neomycin, similar medicines or any other ingredients of Eclospan cream.
- If you have any untreated skin infection.
- If you have any viral infection (chickenpox, shingles) or have any other wounds or skin infections.
- If you have any infection in and around genitals or anal area (unless the doctor has asked you), eyes, face.
- If you have varicose ulcers (ulcers that are caused by swollen veins) or stasis ulcers (ulcers which are caused due to reduced blood or body fluid flow).
Side effects of Eclospan Cream 15gm
Application site reactions such as burning, irritation, itching at the area Eclospan cream is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Eclospan Cream 15gm
Can I apply Eclospan cream during pregnancy?
Eclospan cream should only be used during pregnancy if prescribed by the doctor as there is limited safety information available. In case it is prescribed to you, use minimum quantity for a minimum duration.
Can I apply Eclospan cream while breastfeeding?
Eclospan cream should be used while breastfeeding only if prescribed by the doctor as there is limited safety data available. However, caution should be exercised while using this medicine and you should avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Eclospan cream?
Eclospan cream is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol after applying Eclospan cream?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Eclospan cream, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any skin infections or allergic reactions after using Eclospan cream
- Your psoriasis or skin condition is worsening
- You are applying this medicine under any dressing skin
- You feel there is no improvement in your condition
- You are suffering from any other condition
- Avoid contact with your eyes or eyelids
- Avoid unnecessary, excessive or prolonged use of this medicine
- Do not go near smoke or naked flames after applying this cream
- Eclospan cream should not be used to treat any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor
Mode of Action of Eclospan Cream 15gm
How Does It Work?
- Eclospan cream works by the combined action of beclomethasone, miconazole and neomycin.
- Beclometasone works by blocking the synthesis of the natural substance (Prostaglandins) which is responsible for itching, redness and swelling.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
Directions for Use of Eclospan Cream 15gm
- Eclospan cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the application area.
- Wash your hands before and after using Eclospan cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, eyelids. In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Eclospan Cream 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Eclospan cream is to be used externally on the skin and it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take or are using other topically applied creams, lotion and gel to avoid any possible interaction....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners such as warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Eclospan Cream 15gm
- Store Eclospan cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Eclospan Cream 15gm
As Eclospan cream is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to apply Eclospan cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Eclospan cream used for?
A: Eclospan cream is used for treating various skin infections and inflammation due to superficial bacterial or fungal infections.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Eclospan cream?
A: If you get any medicine in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly, keep your eyes open when you rinse. If you still feel any discomfort, contact your doctor.
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Neomycin Sulfate Cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Beclometasone skin creams Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Beclometasone dipropionate 0.25 mg/g Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Beclometasone dipropionate 0.25 mg/g Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 March 2022]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.