Duonem Er 300mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Duonem Er 300 MG Description
Duonem 300 ER tablet is an antibiotic containing faropenem as an active ingredient. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the respiratory tract, urinary tract and skin
infections. This tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria. The absence of a cell wall will result in the death of the bacterial cells. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection.
- Merosure O 300mg Er Tablets 6'sBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 675.00₹ 573.75₹
- Farobact Er 300 Tablet 10 No'sBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1153.53₹ 980.50₹
- Farobact 300mg Er Tablets 6'sBy Cipla Limited6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 692.12₹ 588.30₹
- Farotive 300mg Er Tablets 6'sBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 685.00₹ 582.25₹
- Orpenem Er 300mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 676.50₹ 575.02₹
- Duonem Er 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1395.10₹ 1185.83₹
- Faronem Er 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1195.00₹ 1015.75₹
Uses of Duonem Er 300 MG
Contraindications of Duonem Er 300 MG
- If you are allergic to faropenem or any of the ingredients of Duonem 300 ER tablet.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like penicillin derivatives or carbapenems.
- If you have a family history of any immune disorder.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney disorder, etc.
- If you develop diarrhoea during the treatment.
Side effects of Duonem Er 300 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loose bowel movement
Precautions and Warnings of Duonem Er 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like penicillin or carbapenem.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy).
- You have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take a diet orally or develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Duonem Er 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duonem Er 300 MG
- Take Duonem 300 ER tablet as instructed by your doctor
- Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Duonem Er 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Duonem 300 ER tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Concomitant use of imipenem and cilastatin sodium along with Duonem 300 ER tablet should be avoided.
- When it is used along with sodium valproate (used to treat fits), can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy.
- If used along with water pills like furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney.
Storage and disposal of Duonem Er 300 MG
- Store Duonem tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Duonem Er 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I miss my dose of Duonem tablet often?
Q: For how long do I need to take tab Duonem 300 ER?
Q: Is Duonem tablet a better antibiotic than others?
Q: Can the use of Duonem 300 tablet cause diarrhea?
- Yes, the use of Duonem 300 ER tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....
Q: Is Duonem ER tablet used to relieve pain?
- Faropenem: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- FAROBACT 200 Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- FENOQRYL® (Faropenem sodium) 200mg ,Tablets - TAJ PHARMA INDIA [Internet]. TAJ PHARMA INDIA. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]