Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Duonem 300 ER tablet is an antibiotic containing faropenem as an active ingredient. Duonem 300 ER tablet is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the respiratory tract, urina
ry tract and skin infections. Duonem 300 ER tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria. The absence of a cell wall will result in the death of the bacterial cells. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection....
Uses of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
Duonem 300 ER tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections associated with upper and lower respiratory infections, urinary tract infection and skin infections.
Contraindications of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to faropenem or any of the ingredients of Duonem 300 ER tablet.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like penicillin derivatives or carbapenems.
- If you have a family history of any immune disorder.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney disorder, etc.
- If you develop diarrhoea during the treatment.
Side effects of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Loose bowel movement
Precautions and Warnings of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
Can I take Duonem 300 ER tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Duonem 300 ER tablet in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Duonem 300 ER tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk. So, if you are breastfeeding, your doctor has to decide whether this medicine has to be used or not.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Duonem 300 ER tablet?
Duonem 300 ER tablet does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery but, if you experience side effects like dizziness, then you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Duonem 300 ER tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with Duonem 300 ER tablet, but it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like penicillin or carbapenem.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy).
- You have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take a diet orally or develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Faropenem works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis which is essential for bacterial growth. Hence, it helps in killing the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
- Take Duonem 300 ER tablet as instructed by your doctor
- Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Duonem 300 ER tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without aprescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
- Concomitant use of imipenem and cilastatin sodium along with Duonem 300 ER tablet should be avoided.
- When it is used along with sodium valproate (used to treat fits), can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy.
- If used along with water pills like furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney.
Storage and disposal of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Duonem Er 300mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and you experience any adverse effects, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do n
ot take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I miss my dose often?
A: It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
Q: For how long do I need to take Duonem 300 ER tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Is Duonem 300 ER tablet a better antibiotic than others?
A: Duonem 300 ER tablet belongs to the 'penem' class of antibiotics which is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections that are not responding to other regularly used antibiotics (multi-drug resistant infections). The advantage of Duonem 300 ER tablet is that it is available in tablet form and can be conveniently taken, compared to imipenem or meropenem, the other 'penems' which are needed to be taken as injections.
Q: Can the use of Duonem 300 ER tablet cause diarrhea?
- Yes, the use of Duonem 300 ER tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctorabout it....Read more
Q: Is Duonem 300 ER tablet used to relieve pain?
A: No, Duonem 300 ER tablet is not a pain killer. It only treats bacterial infection and provides relief from the symptoms of the infection.
- Faropenem: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- FAROBACT 200 Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- FENOQRYL® (Faropenem sodium) 200mg ,Tablets - TAJ PHARMA INDIA [Internet]. TAJ PHARMA INDIA. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 11:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved