Dil 60mg Tablet
By CENTURION LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dil Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains diltiazem as an active ingredient. Dil Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina (chest pain due to reduced blood
supply to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure. It improves the blood supply to heart muscles. The medicine is to be taken as directed by the doctor before or after food. High blood pressure and angina are critical health conditions if not treated well may affect other organs of the body including the heart, blood vessels, kidneys, brain etc and may lead to heart attack, heart failure, vision loss, kidney failure. Taking the medicine regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with other lifestyle modifications such as eating a healthy diet low in salt and fat, staying active, maintaining a healthy weight, and consuming alcohol in moderation may help you control blood pressure better. You should also inform the doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment. For the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart)....
Uses of Dil 60mg Tablet
For the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart).
Contraindications of Dil 60mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart block, sick sinus, heart failure.
- If you have heart failure along with fluid accumulation in the lungs.
- If you have taken or taking a muscle relaxant medicine dantrolene via injection.
Side effects of Dil 60mg Tablet
- Fluid retention
Precautions and Warnings of Dil 60mg Tablet
Can I take Dil Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the medicine during pregnancy, Hence should not be used by a pregnant woman and women of child bearing age not using effective contraception. If you become pregnanct while taking the medicine inform the doctor immediatley.
Can I take Dil Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the medicine pass in breast milk in small amounts. Breastfeeding while taking the medicine should be avoided and an alternative method for infant feeding should be considered.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dil Tablet?
The medicine very commonly may make a person feel sick and dizzy. Avoid driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with Dil Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption may raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. The individual with high blood pressure should avoid binge drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a heart-related condition apart from what the medicine is being used for.
- You have slow heart rate problems, heart block, heart failure, etc.
- You have a condition called porphyria (a blood-related disorder that may affect the brain and skin).
- You are going for surgery which requires you to be on anesthesis, inform the doctor you are taking the medicine.
- You have a liver or kidney-related condition.
- You may experience mood changes and feel low very often after initiating treatment with the medicine.
Mode of Action of Dil 60mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Dil Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels and therefore decrease in blood pressure. It improves the blood supply to muscles of the heart and relieves angina.
Directions for Use of Dil 60mg Tablet
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor before or after taking food with water.
- Try to take the medicine at a fixed time for effective blood pressure control.
Interactions of Dil 60mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Dil Tablet works, or Dil itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Dantrolene a muscle relaxant medicine should never be taken while taking the medicine and medicines used vasodilators such as nitrates should not be taken along with the medicine as it may lead to apronounced drop in blood pressure....Read more
- Especially if you should be cautious if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, certain antibiotics, acidity medicines, steroids, medicines for a brain-related disorder, anti-HIV medicines, cholesterol-lowering medicines, immunomodulators, medicines for heart conditions, and muscle relaxants....Read more
Storage and disposal of Dil 60mg Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard unused portion properly.
Dosage of Dil 60mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include an excessive drop in blood pressure leading to collapse or fall, slow heart rate etc. Inform the doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital immediately if you have ta
ken too much of the medicine. Always carry the strip of remaining medicine for making it easier to predict the extent of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of the medicine as it may lead to an excessive rise in blood pressure and other complications. If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient
time left for the next scheduled dose. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Dil Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking the medicine suddenly, as it may worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult the doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What lifestyle modification I should follow to control blood pressure?
A: You should take medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes may also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day, reducing alcohol consumption, and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Q: What complications if high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure may cause serious complications in several body parts. It causes heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Last Updated on: 24 Jun 2021 | 11:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved