Dextrose 5% Inf 250ml (Skkl)
Price to be Updated
Dextrose 5 % Description
Dextrose Injection contains dextrose as active ingredient. It is used to replace fluid loss and decreased calorie intake. This Injection is a source of hydration and calorie for the body. It will be
administered to you at a hospital or clinic set up by a doctor or nurse.
Uses of Dextrose 5 %
Contraindications of Dextrose 5 %
- If you are allergic to dextrose, corn or corn products or any other ingredients of Dextrose Injection.
- Dextrose should not be administered simultaneously with blood.
Side effects of Dextrose 5 %
- Injection site reaction
- Increased blood volume
Precautions and Warnings of Dextrose 5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience a decrease in the level of potassium or electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on blood transfusion.
- You are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- You experience swelling or fluid overload, acid-base imbalance.
- You have kidney or heart disease.
- Dextrose is being used in infants or children.
Mode of Action of Dextrose 5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dextrose 5 %
Interactions of Dextrose 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dextrose Injection works or Dextrose itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Dextrose 5 %
- Store Dextrose Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.