Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10's
By YASH PHARMA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dexcpm Sr Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in common cold and allergy including allergy to pollen or dust. It contains chlorpheniramine, which is an antiallergic group of medicines. It works by
opposing the action of histamine, formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Take as prescribed by a doctor. Dexcpm Sr Tablet should not be used in pregnancy, breastfeeding, and children below 6-years of age. Inform the doctor about other medicines you are consuming, especially the medicines for brain diseases or to induce sleep, as concomitant use of the medicines with Dexcpm Sr Tablet, causes excessive sleepiness....
Uses of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
Dexcpm Sr Tablet used to relieve symptoms of common cold, allergy, and hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen or dust. The symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, itching of eyes, nose or throat, r
ed eyes, and watering from eyes....
Contraindications of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have glaucoma, a condition where eye pressure is increased.
- If you may have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- The medicine should not be given to a child less than 6-years of age.
Side effects of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
- Dryness of nose, mouth or throat
- Fast heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
Can I take Dexcpm Sr Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Dexcpm Sr Tablet are known to be harmful to the unborn baby. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with the medicine, then immediately inform the doctor.
Can I take Dexcpm Sr Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Dexcpm Sr Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. However, as a component of the medicine is known to be excreted in milk, the medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dexcpm Sr Tablet?
Dexcpm Sr Tablet causes sleepiness. If you are taking the medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Dexcpm Sr Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with Dexcpm Sr Tablet increases sleepiness. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Dexcpm Sr Tablet
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Your blood pressure is high.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You have an allergy to other medicines or food.
- You are taking medicines for sleeplessness.
Mode of Action of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
Chlorpheniramine in Dexcpm Sr Tablet works by opposing the action of histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Directions for Use of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
Dexcpm Sr Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It may be taken with or without food. It will be best if
you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Dexcpm Sr Tablet or Dexcpm Sr Tablet itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform the doctor about medicines you are taking, that includes prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for other disorder....Read more
- If you on medications like antipsychotic medicine, antiepileptic medicines such as phenytoin, medicines used to induce calmness etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are moclobemide, Phenelzine, and Tranylcypromine, as they may interfere with the action of Dexcpm Sr Tablet when given together.
Storage and disposal of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
- Store Dexcpm Sr Tablet at room temperature at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dexcpm 6mg Sr Tab 10'S
- Symptoms of an overdose of Dexcpm Sr Tablet include sleepiness, dry mouth, flushing, fever, confusion, weakness, ringing sensation in ears, blurring of vision, sleeplessness, and rarely seizures.
- If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Dexcpm Sr Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. Time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the intake of Dexcpm Sr Tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Yes, sleepiness is the main side effect of Dexcpm Sr Tablet. Thus belongs to a group of medicine called sedating antihistamines.
Q: How does Dexcpm Sr Tablet work?
A: Dexcpm Sr Tablet works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Q: Can Dexcpm Sr Tablet be taken with other cold or allergy medicine such as cetirizine?
A: Taking Dexcpm Sr Tablet with other cold or allergy medicine should be avoided, as it may increase sleepiness or may cause other untoward side effects.
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved