Dermovate Cream 5gm
Dermovate 0.05 % Description
Dermovate cream contains clobetasol, a steroidal medicine usually applied to the skin for various skin conditions. Dermovate cream is used to reduce skin conditions such as red bumpy scaly patches (P
soriasis), severe itching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). This cream should be used as per your doctor's directions and advice. This cream should not be used for any other skin conditions. It should not be overused or over-applied. It should not be discontinued without consulting the doctor.
- Curatika 0.05% Tube Of 20gm CreamBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd20g Cream in TubeMRP 65.00₹ 42.25₹
- Viclob Cream 30gmBy Kivi Labs Limited30g Cream in TubeMRP 142.00₹ 142.00₹
- Lobate 0.05% Cream 30gmBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd30g Cream in TubeMRP 201.54₹ 171.31₹
- Tenovate 0.05% Cream 30gmBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma30g Cream in TubeMRP 141.95₹ 120.66₹
- Clop 0.05% Cream 30gmBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd30g Cream in TubeMRP 155.00₹ 131.75₹
Uses of Dermovate 0.05 %
Contraindications of Dermovate 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to clobetasol or any of the ingredients of Dermovate cream.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Dermovate 0.05 %
- Itching at the site of application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Dermovate 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this medicine, inform your doctor.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this cream for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this cream is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Dermovate 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dermovate 0.05 %
- You should apply the specified amount to the affected area as advised by the doctor.
- Clean the skin before applying for medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream on the affected area.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Dermovate 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Dermovate cream should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this cream. It might interfere with the effect of this cream....
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Dermovate 0.05 %
- Dermovate cream should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Dermovate 0.05 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any habitual tendencies associated with this medicine?
Q: Can this medicine be used as an antifungal?
Q: Is the use of Dermovate cream dangerous?
Q: Can I use this medication on my 4-month-old child?
Q: Is Dermovate cream useful for alopecia?
- Dermovate Cream - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Clobetasol Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Clobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]