Dermovate Cream 5gm
5g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dermovate cream contains clobetasol, a steroidal medicine usually applied to the skin for various skin conditions. Dermovate cream is used to reduce skin conditions such as red bumpy scaly patches (Ps
oriasis), severe itching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). This cream should be used as per your doctor's directions and advice. This cream should not be used for any other skin conditions. It should not be overused or over-applied. It should not be discontinued without consulting the doctor....
Uses of Dermovate Cream 5gm
For the treatment of skin conditions such as Psoriasis.
Contraindications of Dermovate Cream 5gm
- If you are allergic to clobetasol or any of the ingredients of Dermovate cream.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Dermovate Cream 5gm
- Itching at the site of application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Dermovate Cream 5gm
Can I use this medicine during pregnancy?
There is no information available on the safe use of Dermovate cream during pregnancy. Topical steroids are associated with foetal abnormalities if absorbed in a significant amount. Therefore, it should only be used if the benefits outweigh the risks and it should be used for the smallest possible duration in a minimum dosage.
Can I use Dermovate cream while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of Dermovate cream in lactating women. Hence, it should only be considered if the expected benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the infant. Avoid application on areas near the breast to prevent accidental ingestion by a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have applied Dermovate cream?
It is unlikely to affect your ability to drive. However, if you feel any discomfort that affects your driving ability, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol after using this cream?
There is no known interaction of this medication with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this medicine, inform your doctor.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this cream for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this cream is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Dermovate Cream 5gm
How Does It Work?
Clobestol acts by decreasing the action of chemicals responsible for causing the swelling and itching in the body. Thus, it is used for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, allergies and eczema
Directions for Use of Dermovate Cream 5gm
- You should apply the specified amount to the affected area as advised by the doctor.
- Clean the skin before applying for medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream on the affected area.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Dermovate Cream 5gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Dermovate cream should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this cream. It might interfere with the effect of this cream....Read more
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Dermovate Cream 5gm
- Dermovate cream should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Dermovate Cream 5gm
Chances of an overdose are unlikely as it is meant for topical application. However, significant misuse and excess application can lead to symptoms like easy bruising, increased acne or facial hair, t
hinning of the skin and menstrual problems. If you have applied too much of this cream wipe off the extra cream with the help of cotton or tissue....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not
take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any habitual tendencies associated with this medicine?
A: There is no evidence of any habitual tendencies with this medicine.
Q: Can this medicine be used as an antifungal?
A: This medicine is not antifungal medicine. It is a very potent steroid medicine that reduces skin inflammation.
Q: Is the use of Dermovate cream dangerous?
A: A severe allergic reaction is rare. However, it is advisable to get medical help if you observe any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction such as rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness or difficulty in breathing.
Q: Can I use this medication on my 4-month-old child?
A: No, do not use this cream in children as their skin is delicate and can lead to significant absorption and associated side effects.
Q: Is Dermovate cream useful for alopecia?
A: No, this medicine is not used to treat alopecia.
- Dermovate Cream - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Clobetasol Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Clobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 02 Jul 2021 | 10:28 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved