Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment Description
Decol P Eye Ointment is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. It contains a combination of Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients. Polymyxin-B and chloramp
henicol are antibiotic medicines, while dexamethasone is a steroid medicine that reduces redness, pain, and swelling of the eyes. Decol P Eye Ointment should be used in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Complete the entire course of medicine given by your doctor. Decol P Eye Ointment is meant for external use, and it should be used on the eyes and the area near the eyes.
|₹19.84 (14% on MRP)
|Chloramphenicol(10.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(5000.0 Iu)
|Bacterial eye infection
|Burning, itching, dryness, swelling of eye
|OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID
Uses of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
Contraindications of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
- If you are allergic to polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, dexamethasone, or any component of Decol P Eye Ointment.
- If you have varicella, herpes, HIV, tuberculosis, or any other viral or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
- Burning sensation
- Allergic rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
Other General Warnings
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after using this Eye Ointment for 3-4 days.
- You have a disorder of liver or kidney.
- You notice any new infections or worsening of your problem.
- You notice any fungal infection.
- You should consult your doctor and take oral antibiotics if needed for severe infections.
Mode of Action of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
How Does It Work?
- Decol P Eye Ointment contains Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients.
- Polymyxin-B is an antibiotic that alters the permeability of the cell membrane of the bacteria which results in the death of the infection-causing organism.
- Chloramphenicol is also an antibiotic that prevents the formation of proteins in the bacteria that are required for certain important functions.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid that reduces redness, pain, swelling, and discomfort caused due to the infection.
Directions for Use of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
- Use Decol P Eye Ointment as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Wipe any excess medicine from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact amount of Eye Ointment as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Decol P Eye Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Concomitant use of Decol P Eye Ointment with atropine or phosphate-containing eye medicines should be done with caution.
- Medicines used for the treatment of fits/seizures (phenytoin, phenobarbitone), breathing problems (ephedrine), and tuberculosis (rifampicin) may reduce the effect of this Eye Ointment
- Decol P Eye Ointment can reduce the action of salicylate medicines.
Storage and disposal of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Decol P Tube Of 10gm Eye Ointment
- As Decol P Eye Ointment is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wash/wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.