Decdan Next 6mg Tablet
Decdan Next 6 MG Description
Decdan Next Tablet contains Deflazacort as its active ingredient. It is a corticosteroid. Decdan Next Tablet is used to treat various disease conditions such as allergies, arthritis, eyes, blood, ski
n, asthma and post-transplant surgeries. This medicine acts by reducing inflammation (swelling) and by changing the way the immune system works. Take Decdan Next Tablet at the same time every day as directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may cause symptoms such as loss of appetite, an upset stomach, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, headache, joint and muscle pain and weight loss. The dose of this medicine will be decreased gradually by your doctor to allow your body to adjust before stopping the drug completely. You may experience side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, mood changes while on this medicine. If these side effects bother you or stay persistent, reach out to your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic.
- Deflac 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 60.76₹ 6.08/Tablet
- Cortimax 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.15₹ 122.53₹ 12.25/Tablet
- Defza 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.40₹ 135.49₹ 13.55/Tablet
- Defcort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 127.50₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Orthocort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 127.50₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Mahacort Dz 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.10₹ 89.33₹ 8.93/Tablet
- Defstead 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Steadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.70₹ 75.38₹ 7.54/Tablet
Uses of Decdan Next 6 MG
Contraindications of Decdan Next 6 MG
- If you are allergic to Deflazacort or any other ingredients of Decdan Next Tablet.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an infection.
Side effects of Decdan Next 6 MG
- Weight gain
- Increased blood glucose
- Increased hunger
- Increased risk of getting infections
- Irregular periods
- Mood changes - irritability, suicidal thoughts
- Acne, hair growth on the face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Decdan Next 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You have fits.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- You have kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- You ever had tuberculosis.
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Decdan Next 6 MG
How Does It Work?
- Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroids like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation.
- Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions.
Directions for Use of Decdan Next 6 MG
Interactions of Decdan Next 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Acetazolamide
- Caution is needed when taking it with Ciprofloxacin as it can lead to tendon damage.
- Oral contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat pain (painkillers) like Aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat some types of cancer like Aminoglutethimide.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole.
- Water tablets (Diuretics) like Spironolactone, Triamterene or Amiloride.
- Medicines used for thinning your blood like Warfarin, caution required and be watchful for bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (TB) like Rifampicin or Rifabutin.
- Medicines used to treat indigestion and heartburn like antacids, keep a gap of at least two hours between the two doses.
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Salbutamol and Theophylline).
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Decdan Next 6 MG
- Store Decdan Next Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Decdan Next 6 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is Decdan Next Tablet safe to use?
Q: Can I stop taking Decdan Next 6mg Tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking Decdan Next Tablet on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhoea.