Dazit M Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dazit M Tablet Description
Dazit M tablet is a combination of montelukast and desloratadine, an anti-allergic medicine. It is used to treat allergic symptoms such as sneezing, a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways and wat
ery eyes, which may be seasonal or non-seasonal. This medicine works by inhibiting the release of the chemical substance responsible for allergic symptoms. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with Dazit tablet.
|You Save||₹30.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Desloratadine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, drowsiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Desloratadine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Dazit M Tablet
Dazit M tablet is used in adults to reduce the symptoms of allergies such as sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, and watery eyes.
Contraindications of Dazit M Tablet
If you are allergic to desloratadine, montelukast or any other ingredients of Dazit M tablet.
Side effects of Dazit M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Dazit M Tablet
Can I take Dazit M tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the effects of Dazit M tablet in human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only after assessing the need and benefit. You should consult your doctor before starting this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or plan to have a child.
Can I take Dazit M tablet while breastfeeding?
Dazit M tablet passes into human milk and can be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either this medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dazit M tablet?
Dazit M tablet may make you dizzy, feel sleepy, and may affect your vision. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Dazit M tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dazit M tablet, as it may worsen this medicine's side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have asthma, or your breathing gets worse, or you have a history of seizures (fits).
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin.
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria. This medicine should be used as may produce severe side effects.
- You experience aggressiveness, difficulty in sleeping, hallucinations, memory disturbances, depression, anxiety, disorientation, dream abnormality, irritability, suicidal thinking, and behaviour during treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor immediately....
- Consult your doctor if symptoms do not improve even after using this medicine, or you experience symptoms like flu illness, numbness sensation in hands or feet and rashes, and severe hypersensitivity reactions. ...
- Your doctor may ask you for frequent visits and blood test during treatment with this medicine as in rare cases, it may produce condition like Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- Dazit M tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Dazit M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- A chemical called leukotriene, when released in the human body, produces swelling in the airway, inflammation in the lungs (oedema and damage), and windpipe muscle contractions. Montelukast tablet works by blocking the effect of this chemical and also improves breathing....
- Another chemical called histamine is responsible for allergy-related symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, watering from eyes, and rashes. Desloratadine blocks the effects of this histamine and improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis....
Directions for Use of Dazit M Tablet
- Take Dazit M tablet with sufficient water. You can consume it with or without food. Don't break, cut, or chew this medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time, and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity by your doctor.
Interactions of Dazit M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dazit M tablet works, or Dazit M itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.Concomitant use of this medicine with Gemfibrozil (used to lower fats or cholesterol levels in the body) may increase the side effects of Dazit M tablet...
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenytoin), medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (Phenobarbital), medicines used to treat tuberculosis and other infections (Rifampicin) decreases the effectiveness of this tablet and thus should be used with caution....
Storage and disposal of Dazit M Tablet
- Store Dazit M tablet below 25°C in the original package away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dazit M Tablet
The symptoms of Dazit M tablet overdose are headache, vomiting, stomach pain, increased thirst, sleepiness, hyperactivity, and abdominal pain. If you experience any of these symptoms or, in case of an overdose, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Dazit M tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one. Do not take double medicine to make up for a skipped dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Dazit M tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Dazit M tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: After a few days of usage, my symptoms have improved. Should I stop Dazit M tablet now?
A: No, your doctor may have prescribed this medicine to prevent allergic rhinitis. If you stop this medicine before the recommendation, your symptoms may worsen. You should complete the course of treatment and should not stop this medicine without the doctor's advice.
Q: How many times should I take Dazit M tablet in a day?
A: You need to take Dazit M tablet in doses and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Can I get dryness of mouth with the use of Dazit M tablet?
A: Yes, dry mouth is a common side effect of Dazit M tablet medicine. It would help if you frequently rinse your mouth and keep good oral hygiene.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Dazit M tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby
Q: I am taking medicines to lower my cholesterol; can I use Dazit M tablet with that?
A: Gemfibrozil is one of the medicines that lower the fat or lipid levels in the body. If you take Dazit M tablets with it, the side effects of Dazit M tablet will increase. So you need to consult your doctor before using the medicine.
Q: Is Dazit M tablet safe to use in pregnancy?
A: There is no safety information available about the use of Dazit M tablet in pregnancy. Hence, it should not be used in pregnancy unless considered absolutely necessary by your doctor and has more benefits than risks.
Q: What is the composition of Dazit M?
A: Dazit M composition includes montelukast and desloratadine, which is an anti-allergic medicine.
Q: What is the best time to take the Dazit M?
A: You should take Dazit M at a fixed time of the day. You can take it either before or after meals as told by the doctor.
Q: Is Dazit M an antibiotic?
A: No, Dazit M is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-allergic medicine that is used to treat allergic symptoms such as sneezing, a runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways and watery eyes, which may be seasonal or non-seasonal.
Q: How long can you take Dazit?
A: You should take Dazit M only on days you have symptoms or as per the need. However, it is advised to take this medicine in the exact dose and frequency prescribed by the doctor. Do not exceed the prescribed dose and duration.
Q: Can I take Dazit M for skin allergy?
A: You should take Dazit M for skin allergy after consulting a doctor only. Do not self-medicate. Based on the cause and your medical history, your doctor shall prescribe one of these medicines.
Q: What is Dazit M tablet dosage for adults?
A: The doctor will decide the specific dose for a specific duration depending upon the severity of the condition. Do not take Dazit M endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed