Dazit M Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Dazit M Tablet is a combination of Montelukast and Desloratadine. Montelukast inhibits leukotriene's effects, a natural substance in the body responsible for inflammation and allergic reactions. Desloratadine blocks the effect of histamine, a natural substance in the body responsible for allergic reactions. Dazit M Tablet is used to treat symptoms of allergy, such as sneezing, runny & stuffy nose, blockage in airways, and watery eyes, which may be seasonal or non-seasonal. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with this medicine.
Uses of Dazit M Tablet
Dazit M Tablet is used in adults to reduce the symptoms of allergies such as sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, and watery eyes. This condition is termed as allergic rhinitis. It can be seasonal or non-seasonal.
Contraindications of Dazit M Tablet
If you are allergic to Desloratadine or Montelukast or any other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Dazit M Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Fatigue, fever
- Flu-like symptoms
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Muscle pain, menstrual cramps
- Mood change, irritation, fits, difficulty breathing (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Dazit M Tablet
Can I take Dazit M Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the effects of Dazit M Tablet in human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if needed, and the advantages outweigh the risks. You should consult your doctor before starting this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or plan to have a child.
Can I take Dazit M Tablet while breastfeeding?
Dazit M Tablet passes into human milk and can be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either this medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dazit M Tablet?
Dazit M Tablet may make you dizzy, feel sleepy, and may affect your vision. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Dazit M Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dazit M Tablet, as it may worsen this medicine's side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have asthma, or your breathing gets worse, or you have a history of seizures (fits).
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin.
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria. This medicine should be used as may produce severe side effects.
- You experience aggressiveness, difficulty in sleeping, hallucinations, memory disturbances, depression, anxiety, disorientation, dream abnormality, irritability, suicidal thinking, and behaviour during treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor immediately.read less
- Consult your doctor if symptoms do not improve even after using this medicine, or you experience symptoms like flu illness, numbness sensation in hands or feet and rashes, and severe hypersensitivity reactions.read less
- Your doctor may ask you for frequent visits and blood test during treatment with this medicine as in rare cases, it may produce condition like Churg-Strauss syndrome.
- Dazit M Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Dazit M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- A chemical called leukotriene, when released in the human body, produces swelling in the airway, inflammation in the lungs (oedema and damage), and windpipe muscle contractions. Montelukast tablet works by blocking the effect of this chemical and also improves breathing.read less
- Another chemical called histamine is responsible for allergy-related symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, watering from eyes, and rashes. Desloratadine blocks the effects of this histamine and improves symptoms of allergic rhinitis.read less
Directions for Use of Dazit M Tablet
- Take Dazit M Tablet with sufficient water. You can consume it with or without food. Don't break, cut, or chew this medicine.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time, and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity by your doctor.
Interactions of Dazit M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dazit M Tablet contains Montelukast and Desloratadine. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with Gemfibrozil (used to lower fats or cholesterol levels in the body) may increase the side effects of Dazit M Tablet
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenytoin), medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (Phenobarbital), medicines used to treat tuberculosis and other infections (Rifampicin) decreases the effectiveness of this tablet and thus should be used with caution.read less
Storage and disposal of Dazit M Tablet
Store Dazit M Tablets below 25°C in the original package away from sunlight and moisture. Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets. Do not use this tablet after the expiry date. Do not throw away any medicines in the toilet or pour them into the drain. Discard them properly.
Dosage of Dazit M Tablet
The symptoms of Dazit M Tablet overdose are headache, vomiting, stomach pain, increased thirst, sleepiness, hyperactivity, and abdominal pain. If you experience any of these symptoms or, in case of an overdose, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Dazit M Tablets, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one. Do not take double medicine to make up for a skipped dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Dazit M Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Dazit M Tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: After a few days of usage, my symptoms have improved. Should I stop Dazit M Tablet now?
A: No, your doctor may have prescribed this medicine to prevent allergic rhinitis. If you stop this medicine before the recommendation, your symptoms may worsen. You should complete the course of treatment and should not stop this medicine without the doctor's advice.
Q: How many times should I take Dazit M Tablet in a day?
A: You need to take Dazit M Tablet in doses and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Can I get dryness of mouth with the use of Dazit M Tablet?
A: Yes, dry mouth is a common side effect of Dazit M Tablet medicine. It would help if you frequently rinse your mouth and keep good oral hygiene.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Dazit M Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to have a baby
Q: I am taking medicines to lower my cholesterol; can I use Dazit M Tablet with that?
A: Gemfibrozil is one of the medicines that lower the fat or lipid levels in the body. If you take Dazit M Tablets with it, the side effects of Dazit M Tablet will increase. So you need to consult your doctor before using the medicine.
Q: Is Dazit M Tablet safe to use in pregnancy?
A: There is no safety information available about the use of Dazit M Tablet in pregnancy. Hence, it should not be used in pregnancy unless considered absolutely necessary by your doctor and has more benefits than risks.
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved