Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
0.4ml Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dargen Injection contains Darbepoetin alfa as it's active medicine. It is used in the treatment of anaemia (low haemoglobin level in blood) due to long term kidney disease and medication (chemotherapy
) used in the treatment of certain types of cancer. It works by increasing the production of red blood cells in bone marrow (soft and spongy tissue inside of bones, where blood is formed). Headache, loose motion, cough, stomach pain are some of the side effects of using this medicine....
Uses of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
It is used in the treatment of anaemia (low haemoglobin level in blood) due to long term kidney disease and medication (chemotherapy) used in the treatment of certain types of cancers.
Contraindications of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
- If you are allergic to Darbepoetin alfa or any other ingredients of Dargen Injection.
- If you have high blood pressure which is not under control.
- If you have a medical condition called pure red cell aplasia where there is a problem in the formation of mature red blood cells due to this medicine or other medicines use to increase the productionof red blood cells....Read more
Side effects of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
- Increased blood pressure
- Thromboembolism (blood clot formation in the blood vessel)
- Loose motion
- Pain in stomach
- Body pain
- Pain, redness, swelling, itching at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
Can I take Dargen Injection during pregnancy?
There is no adequate data for the effects of Dargen Injection on unborn babies, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Dargen Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if components of Dargen Injection pass in breastmilk or not. This medicine should be taken by lactating mother only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Dargen Injection?
Dargen Injection can cause seizure, especially during the first few months of treatment. Avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Dargen Injection?
Consuming alcohol while taking Dargen Injection can increase risk of seizure. Avoid alcohol if you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart disease
- Your blood pressure is high
- You have a seizure disorder
- You have cancer
- You have scheduled surgery relating to heart (CABG surgery) and bone (orthopaedic surgery)
- You have breathing difficulty, chest pain, increase sweating, confusion, dizziness, severe headache, weakness, vision problem after taking Dargen Injection
Mode of Action of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
How Does It Work?
It works by increasing the production of red blood cells in bone marrow (soft and spongy tissue inside of bones, where blood is formed).
Directions for Use of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
- Dargen Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
Interactions with other medicines
Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
- Store Dargen Injection at a temperature of 2°C to 8°C. Keep this medicine away from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not freeze. Do not shake.
Dosage of Dargen 40mcg Pre Filled Syringe Injection 0.40ml
- Dargen Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearesthospital. Symptoms of overdose include high blood pressure. overdose can cause increased haemoglobin in blood above the desired level....Read more
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse imm
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does it take to increase haemoglobin level after starting treatment with Dargen Injection?
A: It takes around 2 to 6 weeks for rise in haemoglobin level in blood after starting treatment with Dargen Injection.
Q: Does Dargen Injection used always for treatment of anemia?
A: Dargen Injection is used only if anaemia is due to long term kidney disease (chronic kidney disease) and medication (chemotherapy) use for treatment of cancer (excluding cancer of bone marrow and blood cells).
Q: Does Dargen Injection cause high blood pressure?
A: Dargen Injection can cause high blood pressure especially in patients having long term kidney disease. This is due to the quick increase of red blood cells in the first 3 months after starting treatment with this medicine.
Q: Does Dargen Injection use in treatment of cancer?
A: Dargen Injection does not use in treatment of cancer. It is used in treatment of anemia (low haemoglobin count) due to medication use in treatment of cancer excluding cancer of bone marrow and red blood cells.
- Medilineplus. Darbepoetin alfa. [Accessed on 19-01-2021] (online)
- WebMD. Darbepoetin alfa. [Accessed on 19-01-2021] (online)
- USPI. Darbepoetin alfa. [Accessed on 19-01-2021] (online)
- Ema. Darbepoetin alfa. SmPC. [Accessed on 19-01-2021] (online)
- Ema. Darbepoetin alfa. PIL. [Accessed on 19-01-2021] (online)
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 05:37 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved