Cytarine 500mg Injection 5ml
By FRESENIUS KABI INDIA PVT LTD
5ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cytarine 500 MG Description
Cytarine Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of a type of blood cancer. It contains cytarabine as its main component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by
a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
|You Save||₹81.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Cytarabine(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Cytarine 500 MG
For the treatment of a type of blood cancer
Contraindications of Cytarine 500 MG
If you are allergic to cytarabine or any of the ingredients of Cytarine Injection. If you are taking any medicine that has resulted in a low blood count caused by the suppression of bone marrow, discuss it with your doctor....
Side effects of Cytarine 500 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection, Pneumonia
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Cytarine 500 MG
Can I take Cytarine Injection during pregnancy?
- Cytarine Injection should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment. However, if you get pregnant while on treatment, immediately contact your doctor.
Can I take Cytarine Injection while breastfeeding?
You should not breastfeed while on treatment with this medicine, as it is unknown if cytarabine passes into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have taken Cytarine Injection?
Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cytarine Injection?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver.
- You have been or are scheduled for a vaccination.
- If you are taking a medicine called methotrexate, discuss it with the doctor if you are not sure.
Mode of Action of Cytarine 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cytarabine interacts with DNA (genetic material) and causes certain changes in the DNA. This results in problems in DNA synthesis leading to anti-cancer effects.
Directions for Use of Cytarine 500 MG
- Cytarine Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Cytarine 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cytarine Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat bacterial infections, fungal infections, heart problems and cancer.
Storage and disposal of Cytarine 500 MG
- Store Cytarine Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cytarine 500 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Cytarine Injection?
A: Cytarine Injection contains cytarabine, as its main component.
Q: What is the use of Cytarine Injection?
A: Cytarine Injection is used in the treatment of a type of blood cancer.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Cytarabine 100mg/ml - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Cytarabine 100mg/ml - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed