Cypon Drops Description
Cypon drops are an appetite stimulant used for the treatment of loss of appetite and weight loss. In children, It is used in underweight children who have insufficient dietary intake or loss of appet
ite and children suffering from anaemia, liver, or digestive disorder. It contains a combination of cyproheptadine and tricholine as active ingredients that work by preventing the action of a chemical substance called serotonin responsible for suppressing appetite. This increases hunger and promotes the desire to eat in undernourished and malnourished people. Always shake the bottle well before consuming. Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines or have any medical conditions.
|You Save||₹9.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cyproheptadine(1.5 Mg) + Tricholine Citrate(55.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation, rashes|
Uses of Cypon Drops
- Cypon drops is used for treating loss of appetite, and weight loss and is also used as an adjuvant to antiretroviral and antitubercular medicines for weight gain.
- In children, Cypon drops is used in underweight children who have insufficient dietary intake or loss of appetite and children suffering from anaemia, liver, or digestive disorder.
Contraindications of Cypon Drops
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine, tricholine, or any other component of Cypon drops.
- If you are using this medicine in newborn or premature infants.
- If you have any eye condition such as glaucoma.
- If you have or had a stomach ulcer.
- If you have or had a blockage of the stomach, intestine, or bladder.
- If you have active prostate disease.
Side effects of Cypon Drops
- Dryness of mouth, nose, and throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cypon Drops
Other General Warnings
- You have any respiratory condition such as asthma.
- You have any eye condition such as increased ocular pressure.
- You have hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), increased blood pressure, or heart disease.
- You experience any side effects after taking Cypon drops.
Mode of Action of Cypon Drops
How Does It Work?
- Cypon drops contain cyproheptadine and tricholine as active substances.
- Cyproheptadine acts by preventing the action of a chemical substance called serotonin in the body, which works as an appetite suppressant.
- Tricholine removes bile acids from the body, thereby converting fats into good cholesterol. This helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
Directions for Use of Cypon Drops
- Take Cypon drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Cypon Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cypon drops work, or Cypon drops itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concurrent use of medicines used to treat depression (tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid), Parkinson's disease (selegiline) with Cypon drops can increase the action of these medicines.
- Particular care should be taken when antipsychotic medicines such as zolpidem, alprazolam, and diazepam are used together with Cypon drops.
Storage and disposal of Cypon Drops
- Store Cypon drops in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cypon Drops
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cypon drops a blood tonic?
Q: What are Cypon drops used for?
Q: Can Cypon drops cause dry mouth?
Q: Is Cypon drops good for babies?
Q: Can Cypon drops be given to elderly people?
Q: When should I take Cypon drops?
Q: How can appetite be naturally increased?
- Some of the ways to naturally increase appetite include:
- Eating small meals more frequently.
- Exercising regularly.
- Staying hydrated.
- Eating meals only at scheduled times.
- Adding fresh fruits to add flavour to meals.
Q: Does Cypon drops increase weight?
- Yes, Cypon drops help to increase weight by improving the loss of appetite. It is used for treating weight loss , in underweight children who have insufficient dietary intake or loss of appetite, and children suffering from anaemia, liver, or digestive disorder....