By GENO PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cypon Drops is an appetite stimulant, which contains Cyproheptadine and Tricholine as its active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of loss of appetite and weight loss. It works by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance called serotonin that acts as an appetite suppressant. Thus, increasing the hunger by constantly increasing the energy requirement. It promotes the desire to eat in undernourished and malnourished people. Cypon Drops should not be used in children below 1 year of age. Always shake the bottle well before consuming. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medicine or have medical conditions. If you experience any other undesired effect such as dizziness, sleepiness, dry mouth, altered coordination, confusion after consuming this medicine and if these symptoms get worse, reach out to your doctor.
Uses of Cypon Drops
Cypon Drops is used for treating loss of appetite, weight loss and also an adjuvant to antiretroviral and anti-tubercular for weight gain.
Contraindications of Cypon Drops
- If you are allergic to Cyproheptadine, Tricholine or any other component of Cypon Drops.
- If you are using it for newborn or premature infants.
- If you have an eye condition such as glaucoma.
- If you have or had a stomach ulcer.
- If you have or had obstruction of stomach, intestine or bladder.
- If you have an active prostate disease.
Side effects of Cypon Drops
- Altered coordination
- Rash, urticaria
- Blurred vision, vertigo
- Hypotension, increased heartbeat and rate
- Dryness of mouth, nose and throat, diarrhoea, constipation
Precautions and Warnings of Cypon Drops
Can I take Cypon Drops during pregnancy?
The use of Cypon Drops is not recommended during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby unless prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary during pregnancy.
Can I take Cypon Drops while breastfeeding?
The use of Cypon Drops is not recommended during breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the newborn baby unless prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary particularly during breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cypon Drops?
If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, blurry vision after taking Cypon Drops, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cypon Drops?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Cypon Drops. It may increase the side effect profile and cause excessive drowsiness, dizziness. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a respiratory condition such as asthma.
- You have an eye condition such as increased ocular pressure.
- You have hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), increased blood pressure, heart disease.
- You experience any side effect after taking Cypon Drops.
- Cypon Drops should not be used in children below 1 year of age.
Mode of Action of Cypon Drops
How Does It Work?
- Cyproheptadine acts by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance called serotonin in the body, which works as an appetite suppressant.
- Tricholine citrate removes bile acids from the body, thereby converting the fats into good cholesterol. Thus, lowering the cholesterol levels.
Directions for Use of Cypon Drops
- Take Cypon Drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Cypon Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of medicines such as tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, selegiline with Cypon Drops can increase the action of these medicines.
- Concurrent use of antipsychotic medicines such as zolpidem, alprazolam, diazepam with Cypon Drops should be done with caution.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cypon Drops
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Cypon Drops
If you have taken too much of Cypon Drops, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Cypon Drops, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cypon Drops a blood tonic?
A: No, Cypon Drops is not a blood tonic.
Q: Is Cypon Drops habit-forming?
A: No, Cypon Drops is not a habit-forming medicine.
Q: Can Cypon Drops cause dry mouth?
A: Yes, Cypon Drops can cause dry mouth along with the desired effect. However, not everyone experiences it. Keep a bottle of water handy. Inform your doctor if these symptoms bother you.
Q: Is Cypon Drops good for babies?
A: Cypon Drops should not be used in children below 1 year of age. It is given in underweight children and also in the children having an underlying medical condition.
Q: Can Cypon Drops be given to elderly people?
A: Cypon Drops should be used with caution in elderly people since they are at high risk of getting side effects. This medicine should be used under a doctor's supervision.
Last Updated on: 10 Mar 2021 | 08:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved