Cyclomune 0.1% Eye Drops 3ml
Cyclomune 0.1 % Description
Cyclomune eye drop contains cyclosporine as the active substance. It is used to treat inflammation of the cornea (keratitis) in adults with dry eyes which has not improved even after treatment with artificial tears. Cyclomune eye drops work by reducing inflammation. This medicine is meant for ocular (eye) use and should be used externally only. Do not ingest this medicine. Avoid touching the dropper with your hands or with your eye. Use Cyclomune eye drops exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medicine on your own.
Uses of Cyclomune 0.1 %
Side effects of Cyclomune 0.1 %
- Blurred vision
- Eye itching, pain, irritation
- Increased tears
Contraindications of Cyclomune 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to ciclosporin or any of the other ingredients of Cyclomune eye drops.
- If you had or have cancer in or around your eyes.
- If you have an eye infection.
Precautions and Warnings of Cyclomune 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of eye infection by the herpes virus.
- You wear contact lenses.
- You are taking any medicines which affect the immune system like steroids.
- You are taking any medicines to treat glaucoma (increased pressure in the eyes).
Directions for Use of Cyclomune 0.1 %
- Use Cyclomune eye drops exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully and do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Using a clean tissue or cloth, wipe any excess liquid from your face.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye drops or eye ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Cyclomune 0.1 %
- Store Cyclomune eye drops below 25°C. Do not freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cyclomune 0.1 %
- As Cyclomune eye drops are meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely.
- However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have instilled an extra quantity of the eye drop than recommended, wipe out the excess medicine with a clean tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Cyclomune 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Cyclomune 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Cyclomune eye drops are to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating many other health conditions.
- The use of this medicine along with other eye drops containing corticosteroids may increase the effects of this medicine on the immune system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Cyclomune eye drops used for?
Q: How does Cyclomune eye drops work?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]
- IKERVIS 1 mg/mL eye drops, emulsion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]
- IKERVIS 1 mg/mL eye drops, emulsion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 30 June 2022]