Crevast 5mg Tablet
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
The composition of Crevast 5mg Tab consists of rosuvastatin which belongs to the statin family of medicines that is used to decrease the bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body.
Uses of Crevast 5mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Prevent stroke and reduce heart attack risk
Contraindications of Crevast 5mg Tab
- Any liver or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergic to this medicine
- Addiction to alcohol
- If you are taking a medicine called cyclosporin
Side effects of Crevast 5mg Tab
- Stomach pain
- Muscle ache
- Abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
- Blood in urine
- Elevated liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Crevast 5mg Tab
Can I take the tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can be harmful to the foetus. Women of child-bearing age should use effective contraceptives while using this medicine.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
A small amount of this medicine passes into breast milk. Limited data is available on the safety of this medicine during breastfeeding. It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breastfeed the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Alcohol intake should be reduced; otherwise, it can lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are consuming or have consumed a medicine called fusidic acid, (a medicine for bacterial infection) in the last 7 days. Fusidic acid and this medicine should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle aches or pains or family history of muscle problems
- In the past you had muscular problems during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- You regularly drink alcohol in large amounts
- You have any signs of blood in the urine along with muscle pain
- You have symptoms of jaundice
Mode of Action of Crevast 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Crevast 5mg Tab inhibits this enzyme thus lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It increases the good cholesterol, also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Crevast 5mg Tab
Take the dosage of Crevast 5mg Tab as directed by your doctor. Do not chew or break this medicine.
Interactions of Crevast 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
You should check with your doctor of all possible interactions, as all medicines are known to interact differently from patient to patient.
Interactions with food items
Avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice while consuming the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Crevast 5mg Tab
Store the medicine at room temperature and let it be away from light and moisture. Keep out of children's reach.
Dosage of Crevast 5mg Tab
No side effects of an overdose of Crevast 5mg Tab are known. Kindly consult your doctor in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, consume the tablet as quickly as you remember it. If it is your next dose time, then do not consume the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will the medicine work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting this medicine. Results may vary between individuals. Your doctor may choose adjusting your dosage on follow-up visits to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: What are the precautions to follow?
- This medicine is part of a comprehensive programme to reduce cholesterol levels. Avoid eating foods with high-fat content and exercise regularly for optimum results
- Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- Tell the doctor if you have any liver/kidney ailment
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with my medicine consumption?
A: Try to take your medicine everyday at the same time. Try connecting your medicine with something that you do every day, such as eating breakfast or brushing your teeth. This may help you remember consuming it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week written on it.
Q: Can I stop the medicine immediately if I feel better?
A: It is always advisable to stop the intake of a medicine gradually, as some medicines have a rebound effect.
Q: What precaution is to be taken if the expired dosage of Crevast 5mg Tab is taken?
A: Taking a single dose of expired medicine is unlikely to cause side effects. However, consult your doctor immediately.
Q: What lifestyle changes shall be done while taking Crevast 5mg Tab?
- Stop smoking
- Eat a healthy balanced diet, i.e., fruits, vegetables, wholegrain cereals, lean meat, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, and low-fat dairy products
- Limit saturated and trans fats (mostly found in processed meat, butter, full-fat dairy products, and deep-fried foods)
- Limit the intake of salt and alcohol
- Lose weight and be physically active at least for 30 minutes daily
Q: Can this medicine cause weight gain?
A: This medicine does not cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if any such symptom is noticed.
- NIH. MedlinePlus. Rosuvastatin
- DailyMed. HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING INFORMATION. Rosuvastatin - Rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: information for the patient. Crestor 5 mg film-coated tablets
- NCBI. Drugs and lactation database (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin
- Drugbank. Rosuvastatin
- NIH. Pubchem. Rosuvastatin
Other Variants for
Crevast 5mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved