Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
By OAKNET HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cosvate-GM cream is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial, fungal or mixed skin infections. This cream helps in reducing the sympto
ms like redness, swelling and itching. Cosvate-GM cream contains a combination of clobetasol, gentamicin and miconazole as the active ingredient. Cosvate-GM cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin condition without consulting your doctor. Before and after applying this cream, wash hands properly. You should also follow good hygiene practices such as keeping your hands clean, protecting skin, keeping the environment around you clean and avoiding contact with individuals who have infections. This cream should not be used in children below 1 year of age....
Uses of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
- Cosvate-GM cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation like dermatitis, pruritis, skin picking disorder, psoriasis and fungal infection, etc.
- It helps in managing symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, gentamicin, miconazole or any of the ingredients of Cosvate-GM cream
- If you are using it to treat infections of your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infections or skin thinning problems
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
Side effects of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
Can I apply the Cosvate-GM cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Cosvate-GM cream during human pregnancy. In case you are prescribed this cream, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply the Cosvate-GM cream while breastfeeding?
Cosvate-GM cream should be used by a breastfeeding woman, if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of a breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfeed infant. Avoid using it in large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied the Cosvate-GM cream?
Cosvate-GM cream is to be applied externally and less likely to influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied the Cosvate-GM cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and this cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions on the skin after applying this cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- You have any other condition other than that prescribed by your doctor.
- You apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- Your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Cosvate-GM cream should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for a nappy rash.
Mode of Action of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. It acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance known as prostaglandins which are responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole is an antifungal medicine that works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered growth of fungus causing infection.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic medicine that works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing the infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
- Use Cosvate-GM cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Cosvate GM cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for the exact duration as advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Cosvate-GM cream is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....Read more
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like warfarin and Verapamil usedin heart problems....Read more
Storage and disposal of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
- Store Cosvate-GM cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine no longer required properly.
Dosage of Cosvate Gm Cream 20gm
As Cosvate GM skin cream is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you
have applied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of this cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed applying this cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for
the missed application....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Cosvate GM cream for my child?
A: Cosvate GM cream should not be used in children below the age of 1 year. The skin of children is very delicate and thin as compared to adults that can absorb larger amounts of this cream which can lead to side effects. Also, this medicine contains steroids which can interfere with the growth of children.
Q: Can I use the Cosvate-GM cream for pimples?
A: No, it should not be used for any conditions other than that prescribed. Especially you should refrain from using it on your face as the skin of your face is very delicate and sensitive.
Q: Is Cosvate-GM Cream a steroid?
A: Yes, it contains clobetasol which is a steroid and is effective against inflammation and swelling.
Q: How to use Cosvate-GM cream?
A: Apply a thin film of the cream on the affected area. Do not apply on cuts and wounds. If you apply an excess of the cream make sure you wipe off the excess. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after usage of the cream. Use Cosvate-GM cream for the exact duration as recommended by the doctor
Q: What are the side-effects of the Cosvate-GM cream?
A: Some side-effects observed on the use of Cosvate-GM cream include itching, burning, irritation, redness, dryness of the skin. Some may also experience allergic reactions. In case of severe side-effects, it is recommended that you consult your doctor or nearest hospital.
Q: Can I use Cosvate-GM cream every day?
A: You should use this cream only for the prescribed duration and should not use it for more than 7 days. Do not use this medicine unnecessarily when not required.
Q: Can Cosvate-GM cream be used for fairness?
A: No, Cosvate-GM cream cannot be used to treat fairness. It is used to treat bacterial, fungal or mixed infections of the skin.
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- DailyMed - GENTAMICIN SULFATE CREAM 0.1% cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Sonaderm GM Cream [Internet]. Bluecross Labs. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
|You Save||₹3.86 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %),Miconazole(2.0 %),Gentamicin(0.1 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, thinning of skin|
Last Updated on: 16 Aug 2021 | 07:11 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved