Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MERCK LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Concor Cor Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used in treating high blood pressure and angina (chest pain caused due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains bisoprolol as its active ingredient that works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Concor Cor Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and heart-related chest pain.
Contraindications of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to bisoprolol or any other ingredients of Concor Cor Tablet.
- If you have problems with your heart like heart failure, etc.
- If you are suffering from asthma or low blood pressure.
- If you have any blood circulation problems.
- If you have a rare tumor of the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma).
- If your doctor has told you that you have metabolic acidosis (a condition when there is too much acid in your blood).
Side effects of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cold or numb feeling in hands and legs
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Concor Cor Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine only if it is clearly necessary. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Concor Cor Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended while breastfeeding as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Concor Cor Tablet?
You may experience dizziness as a side effect while taking this medicine. Thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Concor Cor Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Abel 40 mg tablet as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have known medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid, blood circulation problems, respiratory problem like asthma etc.
- You are going to have a surgery.
- You are on a strict diet or fasting.
- You have blood circulation problems.
- You have a history of psoriasis (a type of scaly skin rash).
- You have phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland).
- Concor Cor Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years.
Mode of Action of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Concor Cor Tablet works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
Directions for Use of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Concor Cor Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concor Cor Tablet may interact with other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
- In particular if you are taking other anti-hypertensives, anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, anti-tuberculosis medicine, medicines for respiratory problems, painkillers, anti-coagulants like warfarin etc.read less
- Concomitant use of Concor Cor Tablet with anesthetics like lidocaine, may cause fast heartbeats and may also increase the risk of high blood pressure and thus should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of Concor Cor Tablet with medicines to treat brain-related disorders like fluvoxamine, imipramine may cause slow heartbeats.
- Concomitant use of along with tobacco may cause an increase in heart rate and may impair blood pressure control and thus you should avoid smoking tobacco.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Concor Cor Tablet can either be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Concor Cor Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Concor Cor 2.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of this medicine may lead to slow heartbeats, difficulty in breathing, shakiness, low blood pressure and sugar levels, heart problems. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I miss a dose of Concor Cor Tablet?
A: You should avoid missing a dose of this medicine may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. However, if you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. And, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Please do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Q: Is Concor Cor Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Concor Cor Tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
- Cardicor 5mg Film Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Cardicor 5mg Film Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 10:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved