Combimist L Inhaler
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
200md Metered Dose Inhaler in Device
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Combimist L Inhaler contains a combination of two medicines - Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol and is used to treat difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sound while breathing which are the sy
mptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is the disorder where your lung is damaged and making the passage of air in the lungs difficult. This medicine blocks the effect of substances which produces tightening of air tubes in the lungs and relaxes them. Patient who have diabetes, glaucoma, prostate or heart problems should cautiously use this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you take, and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from or suffered before starting this medicine....
Uses of Combimist L Inhaler
Combimist L Inhaler is used to relieve symptoms of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) like breathing difficulties, coughing and whistling sound while breathing and tightness in the chest.
Contraindications of Combimist L Inhaler
- If you are allergic to Ipratropium or Levosalbutamol or any other ingredients of Combimist L Inhaler
- If you are allergic to atropine or its derivatives
- If you have any problems with your heart
- If you are below 12 years of age (as there is no information on safety)
Side effects of Combimist L Inhaler
- Headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion, constipation
- Dry mouth, sore throat
- Shakiness, nervousness
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Breathing problem
- Palpitations, chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash, itching, swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Combimist L Inhaler
Can I take Combimist L Inhaler during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. Please consult a doctor before using any medicine....Read more
Can I take Combimist L Inhaler while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass into breast milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed Combimist L Inhaler?
Combimist L Inhaler may cause dizziness and blurring of vision, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Combimist L Inhaler?
Alcohol intake along with the use of this medicine can make you more dizzy or drowsy, thus you should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have diabetes.
- You have glaucoma.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You had or have fits.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have difficulty passing urine due to bladder problems or an enlarged prostate (mostly in men).
- You are suffering from a condition called cystic fibrosis. It increases the chances of getting stomach disturbances if you use Duolin with it.
- The chances of side effects increase significantly in the elderly population, so elderly patients should be cautious while using this medicine.
- Combimist L Inhaler is not recommended for use in children less than 12 years old.
Mode of Action of Combimist L Inhaler
How Does It Work?
- COPD is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period. This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leading to breathing difficulties....Read more
- Combimist L Inhaler works by the anticholinergic effect of Ipratropium and the bronchodilator effect of Salbutamol.
- Few chemical substances (Acetylcholine) released in the body are responsible for the tightness of breathing tubes.
- Ipratropium blocks the effect of this substance and decreases the tone of breathing tubes, thus making breathing easier.
- Salbutamol acts mainly on smaller lung tubes and dilates them by relaxing the muscles.
Directions for Use of Combimist L Inhaler
- Take Combimist L Inhaler exactly as directed by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Shake the inhaler.
- You should not take more puffs than that told by your doctor.
Interactions of Combimist L Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Combimist L Inhaler along with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Amitriptyline, selegiline, etc.) or medicines used to treat asthma (Albuterol, Epinephrine) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine with beta-blockers like Propranolol, Labetalol, etc. (used to treat high blood pressure and heart problems), may decrease the effectiveness of Combimist L Inhaler.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....Read more
- Other medicines like Digoxin (used to treat heart problems), Xanthine preparations like Theophylline (used in asthma) and should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Combimist L Inhaler
- Store Combimist L Inhaler below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Combimist L Inhaler
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Combimist L Inhaler used for?
A: Combimist L Inhaler is used to treat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) and its symptoms are sneezing, coughing, difficulty in breathing, chest tightness, etc.
Q: I am taking medicines for diabetes, can I use Combimist L Inhaler?
- Combimist L Inhaler may alter the blood glucose level in the body. If you have diabetes, tell your doctor before starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may evaluate your situation and prescribe it in dose and duration accordingly. He may ask you to do some blood glucose monitoring tests if necessary.
Q: Can I stop taking Combimist L Inhaler on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good as it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: How does Combimist L Inhaler work?
- Combimist L Inhaler is a combination of two medications, Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol.
- Ipratropium decreases the resistance in breathing tubes in the lungs, while Levosalbutamol relaxes the smaller airway tube muscles so that more air reaches the lungs. Thus, it is useful in relieving symptoms of COPD like coughing, wheezing and breathing difficulties....Read more
Q: Can I give this medicine to my son, who is 10 years old?
A: No, it should not be given to children below the age of 12 years. You should never self-prescribe any medicine on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: Is Combimist L Inhaler habit-forming?
A: No, it is not habit-forming.
Q: Does this medicine contain steroids?
A: No, this medicine does not contain steroids. It contains Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol which relaxes the muscles of the airways in the lungs.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 06:21 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved