Clopin 75mg Tablet
Clopin 0.25 MG Description
Clopin is a prescription medication. It contains Clopidogrel as its active ingredient. Clopidogrel is usually prescribed to patients who are at an increased risk of or have recently suffered from
heart attacks, strokes, etc. This is because taking this medication reduces the chances of having an attack of the above-mentioned conditions. It may be prescribed alone or in combination with other medications such as Antihypertensives (medications to treat high blood pressure), Amlodipine, Anticoagulants (medications that prevent clot formation), Rivaroxaban and other drugs that act on platelets such as Aspirin. Only take this medication on prescription by a doctor. In combination it is used to prevent athero-thrombotic events in adult patients who have had recent myocardial infarction (Heart attack), recent stroke or established peripheral arterial disease, and as a loading dose for prevention of in-stent restenosis in PCI (Percutaneous coronary intervention) when used along with Aspirin. A side effect known as Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) may occur in rare cases.
|You Save||₹2.78 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of atherosclerosis events (myocardial infarction, stroke and vascular death)|
|Side effects||Bleeding, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Indigestion, Heartburn|
Uses of Clopin 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Clopin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Treatment of atherosclerosis events (myocardial infarction, stroke and vascular death)
Contraindications of Clopin 0.25 MG
- Do not take Clopin or take with caution:
- If you are hypersensitive to Clopidogrel or its related drugs
- If you experience active pathological bleeding such as a peptic ulcer or intracranial haemorrhage
- If you have bleeding disorders, like haemophilia
Side effects of Clopin 0.25 MG
- Side effects of Clopin include:
- Bleeding more quickly than usual – nosebleeds, bruising more easily or bleeding that takes longer to stop
- Abdominal pain
- Indigestion or heartburn
- A side effect known as Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) may occur in rare cases. TTP is a serious condition that can be fatal and requires urgent treatment. It is characterised by neurological dysfunction, renal dysfunction and fever. It is essential to seek immediate care in a hospital if you feel any of these symptoms....
Precautions and Warnings of Clopin 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any health problems, including heart conditions, renal disorders or liver conditions. Your physician may need to modify the dose prescribed to you accordingly.
- You are scheduled to undergo surgery or any dental procedure. You will be required to discontinue this medication for one week before the procedure.
- Your doctor about any medications you are on. Based on this information, they may choose to prescribe you a different drug or modify the dose prescribed to you.
Mode of Action of Clopin 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clopin 0.25 MG
- Take this medication at fixed times every day.
- Take this medication with or without food.
- Swallow the tablet whole, do not split, crush, or chew.
- Take this medication at the recommended dose. Do not alter the dose in any way, as this may lead to undesirable side effects.
- Take this medication for the entire duration prescribed to you by your doctor, even if you feel it has no effects. Abruptly stopping this medication can increase the risk of heart attack, stroke, etc.
Interactions of Clopin 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Proton Pump Inhibitors like Omeprazole inhibit the enzymes needed for activating Clopidogrel. This, in turn, reduces the efficacy of Clopidogrel. Co-administration with these medications is not recommended....
- Co-administration with warfarin, NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as citalopram or other drugs affecting coagulation is not recommended as this may lead to increased risk of bleeding....
Interactions with food items
- It is advisable to avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking Clopin as it can reduce the efficacy of the tablet.