Clobesol Gm Cream
Clobesol Gm Cream Description
Clobesol Gm Cream is a topical medicine. It is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial or fungal or mixed skin infections. Clobesol
Gm Cream contains clobetasol, neomycin and miconazole as their active components. This cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, neomycin is an antibacterial agent and miconazole is an antifungal agent. Clobesol Gm Cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|₹6.77 (15% on MRP)
|Miconazole(2.0 %) + Neomycin(0.1 %) + Clobetasol(0.05 %)
|Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin
|TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID
Uses of Clobesol Gm Cream
Contraindications of Clobesol Gm Cream
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, neomycin, miconazole or any of the ingredients in Clobesol Gm Cream.
- It should not be used for treating infection in and around the genitals or anal area, face, acne and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream for acne, rashes or skin conditions around your mouth and in the external ear canal.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- Clobesol Gm Cream should not be used in children below 2 years of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Clobesol Gm Cream
- Burning, irritation, itching at the area Clobesol Gm Cream is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Clobesol Gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing any allergic reactions to the skin after applying the Clobesol Gm Cream.
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this medicine for a weak.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply the Clobesol Gm Cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Clobesol Gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Clobesol Gm Cream
- Use Clobesol Gm Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only. Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Clobesol Gm Cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Clobesol Gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Clobesol Gm Cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Clobesol Gm Cream with other medicines. However, as Clobesol Gm Cream contains three different components, any interaction was seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like Warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems....
Storage and disposal of Clobesol Gm Cream
- Store Clobesol Gm Cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Clobesol Gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clobesol Gm Cream good for pimples?
Q: Is Clobesol Gm Cream a steroid?
Q: How long should Clobesol Gm Cream be used?
Q: Can I use Clobesol Gm Cream for burns?
Q: How many times I should apply Clobesol Gm Cream?
Q: Can I use Clobesol Gm on my vagina?
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Neomycin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- SONADERM ® -NM Cream [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]