Clin Ad Gel
Clin Ad Gel Description
Clin Ad Gel is used for the treatment and management of acne. It contains two medicines, clindamycin and adapalene. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and adapalene is a derivative of vitamin A. Clin Ad Ge
l inhibits the growth of bacteria that cause pimples, reduces swelling and prevents the formation of blemishes due to the accumulation of oil and dirt. Wash your hands after applying this Gel. Do not use Clin Ad for any other condition. Excessive use of makeup and other skin products should be avoided while using this Gel. Avoid using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The popping of acne can lead to the spreading of bacteria on the skin that can result in the worsening of acne and acne scars.
Uses of Clin Ad Gel
Contraindications of Clin Ad Gel
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, adapalene or any other components of Clin Ad.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Clin Ad Gel
- Skin irritation
- Skin peeling
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Clin Ad Gel
Other General Warnings
- You experience skin reactions like dryness, skin peeling, burning sensation.
- Your skin may get more sensitive to sunlight after using this Gel, protect the area from direct sunlight.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Clin Ad Gelshould not come in contact with the eyes, mouth, nostrils or internal surfaces of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, wash with warm water immediately.
- You should not use this Gel if you are prone to allergies (atopic).
Mode of Action of Clin Ad Gel
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clin Ad Gel
- Use this Clin Ad Gel as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this Gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
Interactions of Clin Ad Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Clin Ad Gel is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally.
- However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with the Gel. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Storage and disposal of Clin Ad Gel
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clin Ad Gel
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Clin Ad Gel remove scars?
Q: Can Clin Ad remove blackheads?
- ACNETOR AD gel [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Dalacin Cream 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Differin gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Improvement in atrophic acne scars by topical adapalene [Internet]. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]