Clavam Forte Dry Syp
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is an antibiotic, consisting of a combination medicine mainly amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. This medicine is further being classified into the 'Peni
cillin' class of antibiotics. Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is used to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in Clavam Forte Dry Syrup work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of this treatment. This medicine is specially designed for children, thus should be used or consumed only by children below 18 years of age. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens....
Uses of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Clavam Forte Dry Syrup.
- If your child has or have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If your child has or had liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
Can I take Clavam Forte Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take Clavam Forte Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in breastfeeding women is of no significance.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clavam Forte Dry Syrup?
Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its impact on driving abilities is of no significance.
Can I consume alcohol with Clavam Forte Dry Syrup?
Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your patient is an elderly.
- Your child has liver problems.
- Your child has a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- Your child experiences redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- Your child experiences fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- Your child has diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine.
- Clavam Forte Dry Syrup should be used only in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
- Clavam Forte Dry Syrup acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
- Store it below 25°C.
- After reconstitution, store it in the refrigerator.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Clavam Forte Dry Syp
- Taking Clavam Forte Dry Syrup in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you overuse this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Clavam Forte Dry Syrup?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but, if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to pencillin, can I take Clavam Forte Dry Syrup?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: My child has fever and cold, can I give Clavam Forte Dry Syrup?
A: No, Clavam Forte Dry Syrup is an antibiotic, mainly used to treat bacterial infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections. Never administer any medicine to your child without consulting the doctor.
Q: How long can I store Clavam Forte Dry Syrup?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Clavam Forte Dry Syrup should be stored in refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard the remaining portion of medicine.
|You Save||₹21.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(57.0 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(400.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved