Claricin Dry Syrup 30ml
Claricin 250 MG Description
Claricin Dry Syrup is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections like pneumonia, bronchitis (inflammation of the airways) and infections of the ears, sinuses, skin and throat. It contai
s clarithromycin as its active ingredient. Claricin Dry Syrup should not be taken by patients suffering from severe kidney and liver diseases or who are allergic to it. It is not recommended for pregnant women to take Claricin Dry Syrup, especially during the first 3 months of the pregnancy. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It is advised to talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using this medicine.
- Cloff 250mg Dry Syrup 30mlBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd30ml Dry Syrup in BottleMRP 217.90₹ 180.86₹ 6.03/Ml
Uses of Claricin 250 MG
Contraindications of Claricin 250 MG
- If you are allergic to Clarithromycin, the active ingredient in Claricin Dry Syrup or other medicines of class macrolides antibiotics (Azithromycin, Fidoximycin and Erythromycin).
- If you have severe liver disease alone or in combination with severe kidney disease.
- If you have a condition of low potassium levels (hypokalaemia).
- If you are on certain medicines such as medicine for allergy, heartburn, mood disorder, for certain heart conditions, migraine, gout and medicines for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- If you are suffering from a disorder of irregular heartbeats (arrhythmia) and/or other heart rhythm disorders like QT prolongation.
Side effects of Claricin 250 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Taste disturbances
- Changes in liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Claricin 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You are getting operated or are planning to get operated.
- You are suffering from any kidney, liver or heart-related disease.
- You experience loose motions on taking Claricin Dry Syrup.
- You are suffering from low levels of magnesium (hypomagnesaemia), low levels of potassium (hypokalaemia).
- You are suffering from community-acquired pneumonia (studies suggest that the bacteria causing this condition is resistant to macrolide antibiotics).
- You are suffering from a severe allergic reaction on taking the medicine.
- You are suffering from a condition known as Myasthenia gravis (a rare neuromuscular disorder that weakens the skeletal muscles).
- You are diabetic and taking oral hypoglycaemic agents and/or insulin as Clarithromycin may decrease the blood sugar.
- You have impaired carbohydrate mechanism (fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency).
- In case of concomitant administration of Clarithromycin with other medicines that damage the ear (ototoxic medicines), especially with aminoglycosides, monitoring of sensory and hearing function of the ear should be carried out during and after treatment....
Mode of Action of Claricin 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Claricin 250 MG
- Take Claricin Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned in the bottle.
Interactions of Claricin 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Claricin Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of Claricin Dry Syrup with medicines like antiallergic medicine (astemizole and terfenadine), medicines used to treat heartburn (cisapride), medicines used to treat mood disorder (pimozide) is contraindicated as it may lead to serious heart conditions like irregular heartbeats and heart rhythm disorders....
- Claricin Dry Syrup should not be given to patients taking medicine for migraine (Ergotamine/dihydroergotamine) as there is an increased risk of ergot toxicity which has symptoms like reduced oxygen and blood supply to hands and feet and other parts of the nervous system....
- Clarithromycin when used along with quinidine or disopyramide (medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm) is known to cause heart rhythm related issues.
- You are on cholesterol-lowering medicines (statins) as concomitant use of Clarithromycin with lovastatin or simvastatin is contraindicated. Caution should be exercised when prescribing Clarithromycin with other statins....
- Treatment with Clarithromycin in patients already receiving any of the agents that suppress the immunity such as, cyclosporin, tacrolimus or sirolimus should be done with caution, as concurrent treatment seem to increase the plasma concentration of these medicines....
- Use of clarithromycin along with blood thinners like warfarin should be done with caution as concomitant use may lead to increasing the side effects of warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Claricin 250 MG
- Store Claricin Dry Syrup at room temperature, in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.