Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`s
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ciplar 40mg Tablet contains Propranolol as its active ingredient. It belongs to the beta-blocker class of medicine used to treat heart-related conditions associated with increased heart rate and pressure. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, relieving the pressure on the heart and reducing the pressure and heart rate. Take this medicine at the prescribed dose and duration to gain the optimal benefit from it. Never stop taking this medicine abruptly. If you experience any side effect which is bothersome, reach out to the nearby doctor or clinic.
Uses of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
Ciplar 40mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, chest pain radiating in nature, tremors and any other related heart condition.
Contraindications of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
- If you are allergic to Propranolol or any other constituent of Ciplar 40mg Tablet.
- If you have heart blocks.
- If you have a lung condition such as asthma.
- If you have low blood sugar.
- If you have a low heart rate, low blood pressure.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance.
- People allergic to Propranolol or its constituents are advised against taking the medicine. Individuals suffering from asthma or having a history of any other breathing conditions are not recommended to take up the medication. Individuals who previously suffered from low blood pressure or any other heart conditions, like a heart attack, are advised to not take this prescription.read less
Side effects of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
- Sleep disturbance
- Cold extremities
- Pain at extremities characterized by Raynaud's phenomenon
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
Can I take Ciplar 40mg Tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Ciplar 40mg Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Ciplar 40mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Ciplar 40mg Tablet might pass into human breastmilk. Hence, it should not be used by a nursing mother to avoid harm to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ciplar 40mg Tablet?
It is not recommended to drive if the side effects like dizziness and drowsiness arise or persist.
Can I consume alcohol with Ciplar 40mg Tablet?
It is not advised to consume alcohol while on this prescription, as it can decrease the blood pressure by a large extent and lead to severe complications.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have uncontrolled heart failure.
- You have heart blockage.
- You have diabetes, thyroid, a non-cancerous tumour of the adrenal gland.
- You have planned surgery.
- You have liver, lung or kidney disease.
- You have myasthenia gravis.
- You are on any medication.
Mode of Action of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
How Does It Work?
Ciplar 40mg Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels. As a result, the pressure on the heart decreases and prevents any further complications. Thus, reducing the heart rate and blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
Ciplar 40mg Tablet is to be taken as prescribed by the doctor with a glass full of water. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly.
Interactions of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of Ciplar 40mg Tablet with verapamil, diltiazem (heart medicine); digoxin (heart failure); disopyramide, quinidine (irregular heartbeat), cimetidine (stomach acid reducer) may result in decreased heart rate and blood pressure.read less
- Ciplar 40mg Tablet effect decreases or nullifies when used along with adrenaline or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine and tranylcypromine.
- The effect of Ciplar 40mg Tablet is decreased with phenobarbital, pentobarbital (sleep medicine).
- The effect of propafenone (heart medicine) is increased with Ciplar 40mg Tablet.
- Concurrent use of blood thinner such as warfarin with Ciplar 40mg Tablet can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
- Store at a temperature below 30°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ciplar 40mg Tab 15`S
The overdose of Ciplar 40mg Tablet can result in: depression, worsening of diabetes, dizziness and numbness. However, if you have taken too much of Ciplar 40mg Tablet, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Ciplar 40mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take aspirin with Ciplar 40mg Tablet?
A: It is not advised to do the simultaneous administration of the two medications as aspirin affects the working of beta-blockers like Propranolol and makes it less effective in lowering the blood pressure.
Q: Is it safe to take Propranolol for an increased period?
A: Medicines consisting of Propranolol do not have any adverse effect due to their prescription for a long period.
Q: How long does it take for this prescription to show progress?
A: It generally takes around a week for the medicine to start showing progress/effect.
Q: Can I stop the prescription when the condition seems fine?
A: Getting on and off the medicine should be only after or as prescribed by the doctor. A sudden stop to the medication can result in the blood pressure shooting up and causing a stroke.
Q: What are the complications of taking Propranolol in severe kidney conditions?
A: Taking Propranolol in severe ailments of kidneys can result in further degradation or damage to the blood capillaries of the kidneys.
Q: Can Ciplar 40mg Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Ciplar 40mg Tablet does not have weight gain as its common side effect. However, if it is bothersome, talk to your doctor about it.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved