Ciplactin Plus Syp
By CIPLA GX
200ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ciplactin Plus Syrup is an appetite stimulant, which contains Cyproheptadine, Tricholine and Sorbitol as its active ingredients. It is used for treatment of loss of appetite and weight loss. It works by inhibiting the action of chemical substance serotonin that acts as an appetite suppressant, thus increasing the hunger by constantly increasing the energy requirement. It promotes the desire to eat in undernourished and malnourished people. Ciplactin Plus Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age. Always shake the bottle well before consuming. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medicine or have medical conditions. If you experience any other undesired effect such as dizziness, sleepiness, dry mouth, altered coordination, confusion after consuming this medicine and if these symptoms get worsen reach out to your doctor....
|You Save||₹22.28 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cyproheptadine(2.0 Mg),Sorbitol(3.575 G),Tricholine Citrate(275.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cyproheptadine(2.0 Mg) + Sorbitol(3.575 G) + Tricholine Citrate(275.0 Mg)
Uses of Ciplactin Plus Syp
Ciplactin Plus Syrup is used for treating loss of appetite, weight loss and also an adjuvant to antiretroviral and anti-tubercular for weight gain.
Contraindications of Ciplactin Plus Syp
- If you are allergic to Cyproheptadine, Tricholine, Sorbitol or any other component of Ciplactin Plus Syrup.
- If you are using it for new born or premature infants.
- If you have eye condition such as glaucoma.
- If you have or had stomach ulcer.
- If you have or had obstruction of stomach, intestine or bladder.
- If you have active prostate disease.
Side effects of Ciplactin Plus Syp
- Altered coordination
- Rash, urticaria
- Blurred vision, vertigo
- Hypotension, increased heart beat and rate,
- Dryness of mouth, nose and throat, diarrhoea, constipation
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplactin Plus Syp
Can I take Ciplactin Plus Syp during pregnancy?
The use of Ciplactin Plus Syrup is not recommended during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby, unless prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary during pregnancy.
Can I take Ciplactin Plus Syp while breastfeeding?
The use of Ciplactin Plus Syrup is not recommended during breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the new born baby, unless prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary particularly during breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ciplactin Plus Syp?
If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, blurry vision after taking Ciplactin Plus Syrup, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ciplactin Plus Syp?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Ciplactin Plus Syrup, it may increase the side effect profile and cause excessive drowsiness, dizziness. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have respiratory condition such as asthma.
- You have eye condition such as increased ocular pressure.
- You have hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), increased blood pressure, heart disease.
- You experience any side effect after taking Ciplactin Plus Syrup.
- Ciplactin Plus Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age.
Mode of Action of Ciplactin Plus Syp
How Does It Work?
- Ciplactin Plus Syrup contains Cyproheptadine, Tricholine and Sorbitol.
- Cyproheptadine acts by inhibiting the action of chemical substance serotonin in the body, which works as an appetite suppressant.
- Tricholine citrate removes bile acids from the body, thereby converting the fats into good cholesterol, thus lowering the cholesterol levels.
- Sorbitol acts as a syrup base and also as an osmotic laxative to relieve constipation.
Directions for Use of Ciplactin Plus Syp
- Take Ciplactin Plus Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Ciplactin Plus Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of medicines such as tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, selegiline with Ciplactin Plus Syrup can increase the action of these medicines.
- Concurrent use of antipyschotic medicine such as zolpidem, alprazolam, diazepam with Ciplactin Plus Syrup should be done with caution.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Ciplactin Plus Syp
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ciplactin Plus Syp
If you have taken too much of Ciplactin Plus Syrup then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ciplactin Plus Syrup take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ciplactin Plus Syrup a blood tonic?
A: No, Ciplactin Plus Syrup is not a blood tonic.
Q: Is Ciplactin Plus Syrup habit-forming?
A: No, Ciplactin Plus Syrup is not a habit forming medicine.
Q: Can Ciplactin Plus Syrup cause dry mouth?
A: Yes, Ciplactin Plus Syrup can cause dry mouth along with the desired effect, though not everyone experiences it. Keep a bottle of water handy. Inform your doctor if these symptoms bother you.
Q: Is Ciplactin Plus Syrup good for babies?
A: Ciplactin Plus Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age. It is given in underweight children and also in the children having underlying medical condition.
Q: Can Ciplactin Plus Syrup be given to elderly people?
A: Ciplactin Plus Syrup should be used with caution in elderly people, since they are at high risk of getting side effects. This medicine should be used under doctor's supervision.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.