Cifran Oz Tablet
Cifran Oz Tablet Description
Cifran-OZ tablet is used for the treatment of diarrhoea of mixed infection in adults patients only. It is a combination of ciprofloxacin and ornidazole. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medicine and or
nidazole is an anti-worm medicine. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it. Take immediate medical attention if you experience muscle weakness, allergic rashes, fits, disturbances in glucose levels and abnormal heart rhythm. Avoid using this medicine if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking the medicine, even if you feel better as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and the infection might reoccur.
|You Save||₹22.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ciprofloxacin(500.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Parasitic infection (diarrhea)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, sleepiness, indigestion, poor cordination|
Uses of Cifran Oz Tablet
- For the treatment of diarrhea of mixed infection in adults patients only.
Contraindications of Cifran Oz Tablet
- If you have a history of allergy to any of the contents of the Cifran-OZ tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines like tizanidine.
Side effects of Cifran Oz Tablet
- Poor cordination
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Cifran Oz Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any kidney problems, heart disorder, fits, nerve-related disorder, muscle waekness, or any other pre-existing health condition.
- You have a history of any tendon problem with the use of any antibiotic medicines before.
- You have diabetes (as there are chances of low blood sugar with ciprofloxacin).
- You are a female or an elderly patient and taking other medicines which may alter the heart rhythm.
- You have an enlargement or bulge of the large blood vessel.
- You have a history or family history of tear in the wall of a major artery of the heart (aortic dissection) high blood pressure or known atherosclerosis (fat deposition in blood vessels).
- You or family history of glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency. As it may produce destruction of red blood cells and cause anaemia. Anaemia characterized by weakness, breathing difficulty and pale skin. ...
- You experience sudden, severe pain in the abdomen, chest or back, consult your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Cifran Oz Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Bacteria also needs growth and multiplication for their survival. This process requires protein synthesis. Ciprofloxacin, by altering DNA function, stops this protein synthesis process in bacteria and eventually blocks the growth and multiplication....
- Ornidazole is an anti-worm group of medicine that damages the protozoa like an amoeba by damaging their cell structure. Thus, a combination of this medicine helps to treat bacterial and protozoal infections....
Directions for Use of Cifran Oz Tablet
- Take the Cifran-OZ tablet as a whole with sufficient water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Cifran Oz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way the Cifran-OZ tablet works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunosuppressants or medicines for the brain-related disorder, antigout medicines etc....
- Cifran-OZ tablet must be taken at least two hours before taking medicines containing magnesium/aluminium used for acidity, to treat ulcers like sucralfate, a preparation containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like didanosine....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are theophylline (used in breathing problems), anticoagulants like warfarin.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cifran Oz Tablet
- Keep the Cifran-OZ tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Cifran Oz Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does the Cifran-OZ tablet work?
- Cifran-OZ tablets contain a medicine known as Ciprofloxacin and Ornidazole. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medicine and Ornidazole is an antiprotozoal group of medicine.
- Ciprofloxacin blocks the growth and multiplication of bacteria while Ornidazole damages the protozoa like an amoeba by damaging their cell structure. Thus, a combination of this medicine helps to treat bacterial and protozoal infections....
Q: Can I stop taking the Cifran-OZ Tablet on my own?
Q: Can I take Cifran-OZ Tablet for a prolonged duration?
- CIPLOX-OZ Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 July 2021]
- Ciprofloxacin 500 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021]
- Ciprofloxacin 500 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021
- Ornidazole: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021]