Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ceroxim Xp Tablet is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases. It contains cefuroxime and clavulanic acid as its active components. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria and clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredient of this medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor....
|You Save||₹89.00 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefuroxime(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefuroxime(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
Uses of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
Ceroxim Xp Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as infection of the urinary tract, lower respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Ceroxim Xp Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Mouth ulcers
- Thirsty feeling, lack of appetite
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Low blood count
- Shortness of breath
- Itching and swelling in the vagina, painful urination
- Itching, redness, chills
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
Can I take Ceroxim Xp Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised to take Ceroxim Xp Tablet only if your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Ceroxim Xp Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Ceroxim Xp Tablet pass into the breastmilk in small quantities. It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment. Doctors may also recommend monitoring the baby if any fungal infection of the mouth or diarrhoea develops.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ceroxim Xp Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Ceroxim Xp Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Ceroxim Xp Tablet?
Try to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment with Ceroxim Xp Tablet, as it can make you more dizzy or drowsy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Ceroxim Xp Tablet.
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins.
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions.
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine.
Mode of Action of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ceroxim Xp Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefuroxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefuroxime acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which is responsible for bacterial infection. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefuroxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefuroxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
- Ceroxim Xp Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Ceroxim Xp Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Oral contraceptives, antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
- Store Ceroxim Xp Tablet at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Ceroxim Xp 625mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include brain damage, fits or a coma. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of Ceroxim Xp Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Ceroxim Xp Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Ceroxim Xp Tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment with Ceroxim Xp Tablet but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: For how long do I need to take Ceroxim Xp Tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the dosage as prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course with Ceroxim Xp Tablet, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
- CDSCO - Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Products, Syrup, Suspension from Leading Contract Manufacturers of India - Finecure Pharmaceuticals Limited [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime 250mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.