Cefadrox Cv Tablet
Cefadrox Cv Tablet Description
Cefadrox Cv Tablet is a antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, throat, lungs, soft tissue, and urinary tract. It contains a combination of cefadroxil and clavulanic acid as its ac
ive ingredients. This medicine should be used for the exact dose and duration that it is prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Do not use this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹28.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Uses of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
Contraindications of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefadrox Cv or any other ingredient of Cefadrox Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin and cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
- Cefadrox Cv Tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should be used in breastfeeding women only if recommended by the doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefadrox Cv Tablet.
- You have or had an allergic reaction to cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You have problems with the kidney or intestines.
- You develop fever and feel weak.
- You develop persistent diarrhoea during treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefadrox Cv Tablet binds to certain proteins called penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) and prevents the formation of the bacterial cell wall. This results in the death of infection-causing bacteria.
- clavulanic acid does not have any actions against bacteria but it inactivates an enzyme called beta-lactamases produced by bacteria which can destroy amoxicillin. Hence, it helps cefadroxil to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
- Take Cefadrox Cv Tablet as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water, after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefadrox Cv Tablet works, or Cefadrox Cv Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking blood thinner medicines, other antibiotics, or medicines to treat heart problems and gout.
Storage and disposal of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
- Store Cefadrox Cv Tablet below 30°C in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets..
Dosage of Cefadrox Cv Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Cefadrox Cv Tablet if I feel better?
Q: What precautions should I take while taking Cefadrox Cv Tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience the symptoms.
- The antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take Cefadrox Cv Tablet on your own.
- The medicine is not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts against bacteria.