Carvil 12.5mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Carvil Tablet contains carvedilol as its active ingredient. It is used to treat various heart conditions such as heart failure. It is a condition that affects the ability of the heart to pump blood efficiently. This medicine also helps in lowering high blood pressure and preventing other heart-related problems. The dose and duration of this medicine are decided by your treating doctor after accessing your condition. You should take the Carvil Tablet as prescribed by your doctor and at a fixed time for optimal results. Your doctor may suggest for few lifestyle modifications. A small change in lifestyle can aid improve your condition more effectively along with this medicine. You should quit smoking and alcohol, avoid caffeinated products, trace daily fluid intake, rest adequately along with being physically active, etc....
|You Save||₹22.69 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Congestive heart failure|
|Side effects||Low blood pressure, fatigue, dizziness, headache, weight gain|
Check more medicines with composition as Carvedilol(12.5 Mg)
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Carvil 12.5mg Tablet
Uses of Carvil 12.5 MG
Congestive heart failure (a condition where the heart is unable to pump the blood efficiently).
Contraindications of Carvil 12.5 MG
- If you are allergic carvedilol or any ingredients present in the Carvil Tablet.
- If you have any respiratory problems like asthma or other lung diseases.
- If you had or have any heart problems including slow heart rate, irregular heart rate, heart blockage, etc.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have an untreated tumour of adrenal glands.
- If you have any history of acid-base balance in the body.
- If you had or have an altered blood supply to legs or hands.
- If you are currently on intravenous medicines like verapamil or diltiazem. If you are unsure consult your doctor before taking the Carvil Tablet.
Side effects of Carvil 12.5 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Increased blood sugar
- Decreased heart rate
- Increased weight
Precautions and Warnings of Carvil 12.5 MG
Can I take the Carvil Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the safety and effect of the Carvil Tablet during pregnancy. Thus, it is advised to avoid taking this medicine during pregnancy. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Carvil Tablet while breastfeeding?
Carvedilol in the Carvil passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is advised to avoid breastfeeding while on this medicine. Your doctor may suggest alternative therapy. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Carvil Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness which results in altered concentration, while on this medicine. Thus, it is recommended to avoid driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Carvil Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with this medicine may cause dizziness, decrease in blood pressure, etc. Thus, it is advised to avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment. Talk to your doctor if you have a habit of drinking alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart-related conditions.
- You have a history of known allergies.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid.
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have any respiratory problems
- You are wearing contact lenses, as it may decrease eye fluid.
- You have any other medical condition and are on medications for the same.
Mode of Action of Carvil 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Carvil Tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels and thereby reducing the heart rate. Thus, further making it easier for the heart to pump blood around the body. It also widens the blood vessels, thereby relieving the raised blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Carvil 12.5 MG
- Carvil Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the tablet. It can be taken with food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Carvil 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Carvil Tablet works or the Carvil itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking any medicines to treat heart problems, to prevent rejection of organ transplant, diabetes, blood pressure, pain, allergic reactions or inflammatory reactions, bacterial infections, stomach problems like ulcers or acid reflux, heartburns, fungal infections, cough and cold medications....
- Carvedilol may enhance the effect of diabetes medicines such as insulin, metformin, etc.
Storage and disposal of Carvil 12.5 MG
- Store the Carvil Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Carvil 12.5 MG
- An overdose of the Carvil Tablet can lead to adverse effects like low blood pressure, dizziness, low heart rate, shock, fits, vomiting, altered consciousness, etc. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Carvil, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Carvil Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel good. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in hypertensive crisis and result in serious health consequences.
Q: When should I take the Carvil Tablet?
A: Take as prescribed by the doctor for the prescribed duration. Take the medicine with or without food, but at day time and at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
- Carvedilol 3.125 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- COREG (carvedilol) tablet [Internet]. GSK Pro. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CARVEDILOL [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Carvedilol 3.125 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Carvedilol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.