Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet
Calaptin Sr 240 MG Description
Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet contains Verapamil as its active ingredient and is used to treat high blood pressure and certain other heart problems. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of yo
ur diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹18.76 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
Contraindications of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
- If you are allergic to Verapamil or any other ingredients of Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet.
- If you have felt that your heart pain had worsened causing breathlessness and tiredness.
- If in the past, you have had a heart attack followed by low heart rate and blood pressure.
- If you experience sudden heart-related chest pain.
- If you have any kind of heart problems like heart failure, abnormal or slow heartbeat, blocked veins in your heart.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you are taking a medicine called Porphyria to treat other heart complications.
Side effects of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, redness
- Muscle or joint pain
- Swelling of the ankles and legs
- Fast or irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure.
- You have liver problems.
- You are on kidney dialysis.
- You have any problems with your heart.
- You are in your first trimester of pregnancy (first 3 months).
- You are suffering from any disorders like myasthenia gravis (a condition causing muscle weakness), Lambert-Eaton syndrome or advanced Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- You are on medications like atorvastatin, simvastatin to lower your blood cholesterol.
- Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
Interactions of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet.
- Concomitant use of Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet along with Colchicine is not recommended.
- Medicines like erythromycin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), ketoconazole (used in fungal infection), Rifampicin (antibiotic), fluoxetine, nefazodone (used to treat psychiatric illness), cisapride (used to treat stomach problems), cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers), diltiazem (used to treat some heart conditions) when used along with this medicine may increase the effects of this tablet and should thus be used cautiously....
- Medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine (used to treat fits or epilepsy), phenobarbital (used to treat sleep problems or anxiety) when taken along with this medicine may decrease its effect.
- Other medicines like lithium, vecuronium, mizolastine, tubocurarine, Tacrolimus, Quinidine, Digoxin should be used with caution along with Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
Dosage of Calaptin Sr 240 MG
- Excess of Calaptin Sr 240mg Tablet may lead to irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure, shock, coma. Overdose may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, lack of energy, skin redness, unconsciousness....
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.