Bro Zedex Ls Drops
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bro-Zedex LS drops is a combination medicine used in children for the treatment of various inflammatory conditions of the respiratory tract. It improves the symptoms like difficulty in breathing, whee
zing and cough with sputum (wet cough). It contains levosalbutamol, ambroxol and guaifenesin as active ingredients that belong to a different class of medicines called a bronchodilator, mucolytic and expectorant respectively. Do not use it if your child has a history of an allergy to any of the components of this medicine. Tell your doctor if your child has other problems and is taking any medicines for that. This medicine should be taken in the dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. An overdose of this medicine may increase the chances of the side effects. Rush to a nearby hospital if your child develops any symptoms related to an overdose of this medicine....
Uses of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
It is used in the treatment of various conditions in children like cough with mucous, asthma and inflammation of the respiratory tract.
Contraindications of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
- As Bro-Zedex LS drops contains guaifenesin, ambroxol and levosalbutamol, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination....Read more
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredient of Bro-Zedex LS drops.
Side effects of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
- Uneven heart rate
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
Can I take the Bro-Zedex LS drops during pregnancy?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take the Bro-Zedex LS drops while breastfeeding?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in breastfeeding is of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has a cough for since long.
- The child has any underlying medical condition like asthma, liver or kidney problem, stomach ulcers, diabetes, heart-related problem, fits etc.
- The child has decreased blood potassium levels, caution is advised.
- The child develops any symptoms of allergic reactions.
- The child experience sudden breathing difficulty. Rush to a nearby hospital immediately if you experience it.
- The doctor may ask you for frequent follow-up visits to check the response of this medicine. The doctor may change the dose or add other medicines with it after evaluating the clinical condition.
Mode of Action of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
How Does It Work?
- Levosalbutamol being the bronchodilator group of medicines relaxes the muscles of the windpipe and dilates the bronchus. Thus, it helps in decreasing airway resistance and improves the symptoms related to breathing difficulties....Read more
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent. It acts by releasing mucous and producing surfactant effects. So, it decreases the viscosity of mucous and helps in the easy removal of phlegm.
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant medicine, which by producing fluids in the respiratory tract, improves the movement of mucous from inside to outside.
- A combination of these medicines helps in improving different inflammatory conditions related to the respiratory tract.
Directions for Use of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
- Measure the amount of prescribed Oral drops using the graduated dropper provided in the medicine box.
- Release the medicine directly from the dropper into the mouth.
- Keep the oral drops in the mouth as long as possible before swallowing.
- Wash the dropper with hot water. Return the dropper to the bottle and tighten the lid.
- Administer the exact amount of drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Bro-Zedex LS drops or Bro-Zedex LS drops itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if your child is on certain medications like antihypertensives, medicines used to treat heart and brain-related disorders, water pills, antibiotics like amoxicillin etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are other medicines used to treat cough, antidepressants, antiasthmatic medicines, other bronchodilators like salmeterol etc.
Storage and disposal of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store it below 25°C in the original packaging.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. Expiry date indicates the last day of that month.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Bro Zedex Ls Drops
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine
, to make up for the forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without a doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Bro-Zedex LS drops?
A: Bro-Zedex LS drops are used in the treatment of various conditions in children like cough with mucous, asthma and inflammation of the respiratory tract.
Q: Can Bro-Zedex LS drops be used in children?
A: Yes, Bro-Zedex LS drops can be used in children. The conditions for which it can be used and the dosage must be determined by a physician. It can also be used in children less than 1-2 years, but caution is advised.
Q: How to use the Bro-Zedex LS drops?
A: These drops are to be used in kids orally. Measure the amount of prescribed Oral drops using the graduated dropper provided in the medicine box. Release the medicine directly from the dropper into the mouth. Keep the oral drops in the mouth as long as possible before swallowing. Wash the dropper with hot water. Return the dropper to the bottle and tighten the lid. Administer the exact amount of drops prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I use other medicines with Bro-Zedex LS drops?
A: Inform your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of the Bro-Zedex LS drops or increase the chances of side effects.
Q: Can I use Bro-Zedex LS drops for COVID 19?
A: No, the best practice is to visit a doctor if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or tested positive and avoid self-medication which can place you and your surroundings at unknown risks.
Q: What if one stops taking Bro-Zedex LS drops?
A: If Bro-Zedex LS drops is stopped before the prescribed time, this may affect the effectiveness of this medicine and may lead to cough not being cured. Also, it is advisable not to start this syrup on one’s own wish without having a proper consultation with one’s treating physician.
Q: Is Bro-Zedex LS drops addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive, but it is advised not to give this medicine to anyone else without consulting a doctor.
|You Save||₹22.49 (35% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg),Ambroxol(7.5 Mg),Menthol(0.5 Mg),Salbutamol / Albuterol(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with asthma|
|Side effects||Palpitations, headache, drowsiness, sweating, muscle cramps|
Last Updated on: 27 Apr 2021 | 12:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved