Bigcef 500mg Tablet
By BESTOCHEM FORMULATIONS INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Bigcef 500 tablet contains Cefuroxime which belongs to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. Bigcef tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or beta-lactam antibiotics. Take this medicine under the supervision of your doctor and do not self medicate without consulting your doctor, inform your doctor about all other medicines, over the counter products and herbal preparations you are taking before starting the treatment with Bigcef tablet.
Uses of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
- Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears
- Respiratory tract infections (bronchitis)
- Infection of urinary tract
- Infections of skin, soft tissue
Contraindications of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
Can I take Bigcef 500 Tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not take this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Bigcef 500 Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Cefuroxime passes into breast milk in small quantities
- Perceive if prescribed by your physician
- Watch for diarrhea in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Bigcef 500 Tablet?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Bigcef 500 Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Bigcef tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Bigcef tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis, absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria
Directions for Use of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
- Swallow Bigcef 500 tablet whole with a glass of water
- The medicine should not be crushed
Interactions of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Bigcef tablet with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)read less
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Interactions with food items
Bigcef tablet should be taken after a meal for better results.
Storage and disposal of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
Store Bigcef tablet in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
Dosage of Bigcef 500mg Tablet
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine
- Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain, fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Bigcef tablet take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin, can I take this medicine?
A: No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in very severe allergic reaction Always inform your doctor about your allergies
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: How long should I take Bigcef tablet?
A: The dose and duration of treatment depend upon the cause of infection and response to the treatment. Do not stop taking Bigcef if you feel better, complete the full course as stopping the treatment in between can result in antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
Q: Is Bigcef an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Bigcef tablet is an antibiotic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Bigcef tablet?
A: The common side effects of Bigcef tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, headache and dizziness, these are temporary but if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved