Betnesol Forte Strip Of 20 Tablets
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betnesol Forte tablet is used in relieving inflammation (redness, swelling, itching) which is associated with different types of diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, skin and other allergic conditions. Betnesol tablet is a steroid medicine containing betamethasone as its active ingredient. Take this medicine exactly as told by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting your doctor. You must complete the entire course with this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, as it may result in worsening the condition further....
|You Save||₹3.83 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Stomach ulcers, electrolyte imbalance, skin thinning, bone disorder|
Check more medicines with composition as Betamethasone(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
Betnesol Forte tablet is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness) due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, certain skin conditions like psoriasis dermatitis, other allergic conditions, etc....
Contraindications of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the ingredients of Betnesol Forte tablet.
- If you have any untreated or undertreated infection.
Side effects of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
- Stomach ulcers
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Skin thinning
- Thinning of bones
- High pressure inside the eyes
- Suppressed growth in children
Precautions and Warnings of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
Can I take Betnesol Forte tablet during pregnancy?
Betnesol Forte tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. This medicine is prescribed by the doctor after carefully weighing the benefits to the probable side effects.
Can I take the Betnesol Forte tablet while breastfeeding?
Betnesol Forte tablet is likely to pass into breast milk. Thus, consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Betnesol Forte tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Betnesol Forte tablet on driving. However, if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Betnesol Forte tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Betnesol Forte tablet. So it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of any internal infection, so it not recommended to this medicine.
- You have any underlying medical condition like heart, liver or kidney-related disorders, diabetes and fits.
- You recently had chickenpox, shingles, measles.
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or any brain-related disorder.
- You have a history of tuberculosis or a condition of high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma).
Mode of Action of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Betnesol Forte tablet contains betamethasone as its active ingredient. Betamethasone belongs to the corticosteroid group, by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body called prostaglandins and reduce the inflammation, swelling and redness of the skin....
Directions for Use of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
- Take Betnesol Forte tablet dosage as prescribed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- Take it regularly and at a fixed time for maximum results.
- Do not exceed that dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Betnesol tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Other medicines like carbenoxolone, oral contraceptive pills, mifepristone, vecuronium, tretinoin, quetiapine should be used cautiously along with the Betnesol tablet.
- Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
- Betnesol Forte tablets should be kept at room temperature and away from direct heat or moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Betnesol Forte 1 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Betnesol Forte medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
A missed dose should be made up soon, but not when the next dose is near because that may result in a double dose. A gap of at least 6 to 8 hours is advised between the two doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is Betnesol Forte tablet not recommended to diabetic individuals?
A: Administration of steroidal medicine increases the blood sugar level, which can be harmful to the person.
Q: Is Betnesol Forte tablet safe to use with medicines used to inflict abortion?
A: No, Betnesol Forte tablet is not advised with abortion pills. Coupling them can result in severe side effects and decreased efficiency of this medicine.
Q: How long does a normal prescription of tab Betnesol Forte last?
A: The tenure for medicine is mostly dependent on the kind of issue. Usually, the dosage should not be stopped when cured but gradually decreased till stopped.
Q: Is there a specific diet one has to follow with Betnesol tablet?
A: Since the medication may result in increased cholesterol levels, it is advised to follow the diet suggested by the doctor.
Q: Does being prescribed Betnesol Forte tablet for a longer period result in hair loss?
A: In a few cases, it is found that prolonged use of this medicine may result in hair loss.
Q: Is Betnesol forte a steroid?
A: Yes, it is a steroid medicine.
Q: What is the difference between Betnesol and Betnesol forte?
A: Both the medicines contain the same active ingredient, only strength is different. Betnesol and betnesole forte contain 0.5 mg and 1mg of betamethasone respectively.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Betnelan Tablet [Internet]. India-pharma.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Betamethasone [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Betamethasone - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Betamethasone: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.