Betacard 50mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betacard Tablet contains atenolol, a beta-blockers medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure and relieve chest pain and regularise heartbeats. Taking more than the recommended dose of this medicine may cause extremely low blood pressure, signs which include sweating, blackouts, feeling dizzy or fainting and shakiness. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before starting with the Betacard Tablet....
|You Save||₹5.03 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High blood pressure, chest pain and regularise heart beats|
|Side effects||Nausea, weakness, slow heart rate, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Atenolol(50.0 Mg)
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Betacard 50mg Tablet
Uses of Betacard 50 MG
- Hypertension (High blood pressure).
- Arrhythmias (Uneven heartbeats).
- Angina Pectoris (Chest pain or tightness in the chest).
- Myocardial Infarction (Early treatment after a heart attack).
Contraindications of Betacard 50 MG
- If you are allergic to atenolol or any other component of Betacard Tablet.
- If you are suffering from Asthma.
- If you are suffering from severe liver disease.
- If you are suffering from brain and nerves related disorders.
- If you are experiencing a condition of metabolic acidosis (High levels of acid in the blood).
Side effects of Betacard 50 MG
- Vision problems
- Cold hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Betacard 50 MG
Can I take the Betacard Tablet during pregnancy?
Betacard Tablet should be strictly avoided during pregnancy as it has serious side effects on the unborn baby as it crosses the placenta and reaches the cord blood. This results in complications ranging from growth retardation to foetal death. However, your doctor might prescribe it during pregnancy in case if the benefits overweigh the risks.
Can I take the Betacard Tablet while breastfeeding?
Do not use Betacard while breastfeeding as it is known to pass into the breastmilk and can be fatal for the infant.
Can I drive if I have taken the Betacard Tablet?
Betacard does not inhibit your ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness or tiredness after taking the medicine, do not drive or operate tools and machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Betacard Tablet?
Consuming alcohol with this medicine can drastically reduce blood pressure and hence it must be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes as it may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar, you may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs and headache....
- You have asthma or any other similar breathing problems.
- You have a type of chest pain (Prinz metal’s angina).
- You have poor blood circulation.
- You experience rapid heartbeats.
- You have thyrotoxicosis (a condition caused by an overactive thyroid gland).
- You have kidney or liver disorders.
Mode of Action of Betacard 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Betacard Tablet contains atenolol as its active ingredient, it works by decreasing the heart rate, thereby lowering the blood pressure and the strain on the heart.
Directions for Use of Betacard 50 MG
- Take this medicine according to your doctor's prescription.
- This medicine is for oral use only.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
Interactions of Betacard 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of the Betacard Tablet along with medicines of class calcium channel blockers Verapamil, diltiazem and nifedipine (for high blood pressure or chest pain) should be avoided.
- Concomitant therapy with dihydropyridines, e.g. nifedipine, may increase the risk of low blood pressure and cardiac failure.
- Concomitant use with insulin and oral antidiabetic drugs along with beta-blockers should be avoided, as beta-blockers may mask the effect of too low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
- If you are taking clonidine and Atenolol tablets together, do not stop taking clonidine unless your doctor tells you to do so. Abruptly stopping clonidine can cause fluctuations in blood pressure.
- Use medicines to treat nose or sinus congestion or other cold remedies carefully along with the Betacard Tablets.
- Medicines like Ibuprofen or indometacin (for pain and inflammation) may decrease the activity of beta-blockers hence coadministration should be avoided.
- Concomitant use of sympathomimetic agents, e.g. adrenaline (epinephrine), may counteract the effect of beta-blockers.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Betacard 50 MG
- Store Betacard away from the reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a closed container, in a cool and dry place.
Dosage of Betacard 50 MG
Betacard Tablet dosage needs to be administered in limited doses, as it can result in lethargy, missing heartbeats, excessive slowing of heartbeats, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or lower legs, shakiness, dizziness, sweating or confusion, blurred vision, headache, pale colour, numbness or tingling in the mouth. Seek immediate medical help in case of any such scenario....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before using Betacard Tablet?
- Kindly inform your doctor about your complete medical history along with any history of diabetes mellitus, liver and kidney disorders, heart disorders and thyroid disorders.
- Women should share their pregnancy status along with the use of oral birth control pills and any history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure.
Q: How long should I take Betacard Tablet?
A: The course of Betacard Tablet is for a set duration as determined by your doctor. Do not exceed or alter the course of this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
Q: Can I stop taking Betacard Tablet on my own?
A: Do not stop taking the Betacard Tablet without consulting your doctor first, who might suggest you decrease your dose gradually. Stopping a beta-blocker suddenly can cause chest pain, irregular heartbeats or a heart attack.
- Atenolol 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Atenolol 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Atenolol tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Atenolol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.