Benden Plus Tab
By DERMIS LIFE SCIENCES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Benden Plus Tab is a combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin, an antiparasitic medicine.
Uses of Benden Plus Tab
- For the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs
Contraindications of Benden Plus Tab
- If you are allergic to Albendazole, Ivermectin or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to Albendazole like Omeprazole, Mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Benden Plus Tab
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and constipationread less
- Muscle pain, weakness, fatigue and irregular heartbeats
- Headache, dizziness, fits, feeling sleepy and spinning of head
- Skin rashes, hair loss and itching, fever
- Swelling of face and other body parts
- Gradual drop in blood pressure when you stand
Precautions and Warnings of Benden Plus Tab
Can I take Benden Plus Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine has the potential to harm the unborn baby and can lead to congenital disabilities and abnormalities and is recommended not to be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Benden Plus Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine is secreted in human milk in small amounts which may not cause potential harm to the baby. However, it is advisable to discuss with your doctor in detail if you have to take Benden Plus Tab while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Benden Plus Tab?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Benden Plus Tab?
As this medicine is known to cause liver problems and liver functions need to monitored while on therapy, you are advised to limit your alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid completely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling
- If your body is not able to produce sufficient blood cells due to bone marrow suppression, test for blood cell count should be done after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later onread less
- Women of childbearing potential should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy
- If you experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in ears, it may lead to an eye disorder
- If you have liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended
- If you experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared
Mode of Action of Benden Plus Tab
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the growth of parasite and kills it by checking the absorption of glucose by parasite whereas Ivermectin acts on the outer membrane of the parasite causing paralysis and death of the parasite.
Directions for Use of Benden Plus Tab
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by the doctor.
Interactions of Benden Plus Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Steroids like dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis
- Medicines used to treat worm infection like Praziquantel
- Medicine used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath
- Medicines used to treat heartburn and ulcer-like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin
Storage and disposal of Benden Plus Tab
- Store this medicine in cool and dry places
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Benden Plus Tab
Symptoms of overdose are fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Benden Plus Tab?
A: Benden Plus Tab is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trichiurus trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm) and ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephentiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms which are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Benden Plus Tab is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Benden Plus Tab?
A: This medicine can affect your liver or bone marrow. Hence, routine monitoring of blood tests is required. Especially, liver function tests need to be done every 2 weeks while on therapy. Do not take Benden Plus Tab during pregnancy. Do not try for pregnancy until 1 month after stopping this medicine. Consult your doctor if you develop any skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved