Bactomin 375mg Tablet
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bactomin 375 mg tablet contains Sultamicillin (a combination of Ampicillin & Sulbactum) as its active component. It is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, skin, urinary tract, etc. It is not effective against viral or fungal infections. Bactomin 375 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. Complete the entire course of this medicine and do not consume these tablets more than that prescribed as it may cause some serious effects. Before using Bactomin 375 mg tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
Bactomin 375 mg tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, stomach, bone, joint, urinary tract, private parts, skin and soft tissues.
Contraindications of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Sultamicillin or any other ingredients of Bactomin 375 mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called penicillins.
Side effects of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash or itching
- Dizziness, fatigue (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
Can I take the Bactomin 375 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Bactomin 375 mg tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available in pregnant women, thus you should consult your doctor. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Bactomin 375 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Bactomin 375 mg tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as its components are known to pass into breast milk in small amounts, thus please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bactomin 375 mg tablet?
Bactomin 375 mg tablet may cause dizziness, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Bactomin 375 mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Bactomin 375 mg tablet, alcohol is known to worsen the infection; thus it's better to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Bactomin 375 mg tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You develop an infection or superinfection while on treatment.
- You experience diarrhoea or problems with your intestines while on treatment with Bactomin 375 mg tablet, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
- Your doctor will regularly monitor your liver, kidney and other functions if you are prescribed this tablet for long-term treatment.
- Do not take Bactomin 375 mg tablet for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Sultamicillin in Bactomin 375 mg tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
Bactomin 375 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Bactomin 375 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like allopurinol (medicines used to lower uric acid), oral contraceptive pills, Probenecid (used to treat gout), blood thinners like warfarin, antibiotics like chloramphenicol, erythromycin.read less
- Other medicines like methotrexate, leucovorin should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Bactomin 375 mg tablet while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
- Store Bactomin 375 mg tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep the tablets out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Bactomin 375mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include confusion, anxiety, seizure (fits). If you experience any of the symptoms or have consumed too much Bactomin 375 mg tablet, please contact your doctor or rush to a nearby hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of Bactomin 375 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Bactomin 375 mg tablet?
A: Bactomin 375 mg tablet is used for the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the skin, throat, nose, urinary tract, etc.
Q: I had a stomach infection and Bactomin 375 mg tablet was prescribed to me by the doctor, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue the treatment?
A: No, Bactomin 375 mg tablet is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: Can I take the Bactomin 375 mg tablet for fever and cold?
A: No, Bactomin 375 mg tablet is an antibiotic and is not meant for viral infections. Also, do not take any medicine without consulting a healthcare professional.
Q: Is Bactomin 375 mg tablet addictive?
A: No, Bactomin 375 mg tablet is not an addiction-causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 12 Mar 2021 | 02:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved