Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
15ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azee Dry Syrup is an antibiotic that contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicine is designed for children's use only. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of various
parts of the body like ears, throat, lungs, skin, soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. It is very important to complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not skip a dose or consume it more than that recommended by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection....
Uses of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
- Azee Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways, nasal passage, skin and soft tissue.
- It is also used for the treatment of enteric fever and pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
If you have any allergic reaction to it or any other antibiotic from the same class as erythromycin.
Side effects of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
- Pricking and tingling sensation
- Impaired sense of taste and vision
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain or cramps, indigestion
- Skin rashes, an urge to scratch
- Eating disorder or fear of gaining weight
Precautions and Warnings of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
Can I take Azee Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take Azee Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in breastfeeding is of no significance.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azee Dry Syrup?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its impact on driving abilities is of no significance.
Can I consume alcohol with Azee Dry Syrup?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol is of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- The child has any kind of kidney disease or kidney failure.
- The child may experience severe skin allergies such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome after taking this medicine, experience a side effect called encephalopathy, which makes you feel confused, unconscious,less alert and causes difficulty in movement and fits....Read more
- Your child is suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a type of anaemia where the red blood cells are broken down faster than they are formed).
Mode of Action of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the growth and killing of bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
- Take it as instructed by your doctor, it can be taken with or without food.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking to avoid any interactions. Because sometimes Azee Dry Syrup may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Azee Dry Syrup works, if taken at the same time....Read more
- Other medicines which should be used with caution are immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, medicines used during heart failure like digoxin, anti-gout medicines like colchicine, blood thinners such aswarfarin, etc....Read more
Storage and disposal of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Azee 200mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15ml
- Symptoms of an overdose may be diarrhoea, loss of hearing, feeling sick. Immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You Should never miss your dose of this antibiotic medicine and complete the entire course for effective treatment. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it
's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azee Dry Syrup if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
- No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg. Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and...Read more
Q: What is the use of Azee Dry Syrup?
A: It is used for serious bacterial infections of the eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: Can I take Azee Dry Syrup for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Azee Dry Syrup tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved