Atubri 500mg Tablets
Atubri 500 MG Description
Atubri Tablet an anticancer medicine which is used in the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer. It contains capecitabine as its active medicine. gets converted into 5-fluorouracil (active medici
e) in the body. 5-fluorouracil hampers the synthesis of RNA and DNA in the cancer cells, which hampers their growth. This slows down the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
- Capegard 500mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 720.95₹ 612.81₹ 61.28/Tablet
- Xeloda 500mg Tablet 10'sBy Roche Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1353.25₹ 1326.18₹ 132.62/Tablet
Uses of Atubri 500 MG
Contraindications of Atubri 500 MG
- If you are allergic to capecitabine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you previously have had severe reactions to fluoropyrimidine therapy (a group of anticancer
- medicines such as fluorouracil).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have severely low levels of white cells or platelets in the blood (leucopenia, neutropenia
- or thrombocytopenia).
- If you have severe liver or kidney problems.
- If you know that you do not have any activity of the enzyme dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase
- (DPD) (complete DPD deficiency).
- If you are being treated now or have been treated in the last 4 weeks with brivudine as part of
- herpes zoster (chickenpox or shingles) therapy.
Side effects of Atubri 500 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Atubri 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You know that you or your family member have a partial deficiency in the activity of the enzyme dihydropyrimidine
- dehydrogenase (DPD)
- You have liver or kidney diseases
- You have or had heart problems (for example an irregular heartbeat or pains to the chest, jaw
- and back brought on by physical effort and due to problems with the blood flow to the heart)
- You have brain diseases (for example, cancer that has spread to the brain, or nerve damage (neuropathy)
- You have calcium imbalances (seen in blood tests)
- You have diabetes
- You cannot keep food or water in your body because of severe nausea and vomiting
- You have diarrhoea
- You are or become dehydrated
- You have imbalances of ions in your blood (electrolyte imbalances, seen in tests)
- You have a history of eye problems as you may need extra monitoring of your eyes
- You have a severe skin reaction.
- Do not give Atubri to children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Atubri 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Atubri 500 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Atubri 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Atubri Tablet works, or Atubri Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You must not take brivudine (an anti-viral medicine for the treatment of shingles or chickenpox) at the same time as Atubri Tablet.