Arvast 40mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Arvast 40mg Tab having rosuvastatin salt is a hypolipidaemic medicine used for decreasing cholesterol in the body. It belongs to the statin family of medicines that help increase high-density lipoprotein (good cholesterol) and decrease low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) in the body.
Uses of Arvast 40mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
Contraindications of Arvast 40mg Tab
- Kidney or liver patients
- Breastfeeding women
- Known allergy to this medicine
- Addicted to alcohol
- Taking cyclosporin
Side effects of Arvast 40mg Tab
- The common side effects of Arvast 40mg Tab include headache, stomach pain, dizziness, heartburn, constipation, and nausea
- This medicine may also cause some serious side effects like myopathy, fever, muscle ache, blood in urine, jaundice, and abnormal muscle breakdown
Precautions and Warnings of Arvast 40mg Tab
Can I take Arvast 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine can be harmful to the foetus if you are pregnant. Hence, it must be avoided during pregnancy or in case you are planning pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
A small amount of this medicine may pass into breast milk, which could harm the infant. So, this medicine should not be used if you are a breastfeeding woman.
Can I drive if I have consumed Arvast 40mg Tab?
This medicine has no effect on your driving ability. Hence, it is safe to drive after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Alcohol consumption could heighten the risk of liver damage. So, it must be avoided with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking any other medicines that may interact with this medicine
- You have kidney- or liver-related problems
- You have a family history of muscle problems
- You have faced muscular problems with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
Mode of Action of Arvast 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the HMG-CoA enzyme responsible for making up cholesterol. Due to the inhibition of this enzyme, the cholesterol levels lower down in the body.
Directions for Use of Arvast 40mg Tab
The dosage of Arvast 40mg Tab should be prescribed by your doctor. These tablets can be taken orally.
Interactions of Arvast 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Using this medicine with other lipid-lowering medicines may increase the risk of myopathy
- Only use the lowest necessary dose of this medicine if you are taking it with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Do not consume an antacid within 2 hours of taking the medicine
- This medicine should not be taken along with fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid
- It also interacts with cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, and HIV protease inhibitors
Interactions with food items
If you are taking this medicine, you should reduce the intake of grapefruit juice to very small quantities.
Other general Interactions
There is a lack of sufficient information on the interactions with other conditions.
Storage and disposal of Arvast 40mg Tab
- Store this medicine at room temperature (at 20 to 25°C)
- Keep it in a place that is dry and cool
- Do not store the expired medicine
Dosage of Arvast 40mg Tab
There are no specific symptoms of Arvast 40mg Tab overdose. However, the usual side effects of this medicine could be seen in the case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, you should take it as soon as you remember. However, you must keep a gap of at least 12 hours between two consecutive doses. You should avoid taking two doses at once to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should this medicine be taken without food or with it?
A: You can take this medicine either with food or without food. However, you must try to take this medicine at the same time each day.
Q: Will this medicine start showing effect immediately?
A: No, it will take 2-4 weeks for this medicine to start showing effects. Moreover, the duration may vary from person to person.
Q: Are there any specific precautions that should be followed while taking this medicine?
- You must avoid eating food with high-fat content
- You must incorporate regular exercise in your daily schedule
- You need to share all medical information with your doctor including pregnancy, heart disease, liver ailments, etc.
Q: Is there any need of doing cholesterol checks during the course of this medicine?
A: Yes, you must regularly check your cholesterol levels so that your doctor may increase or decrease the dosage of the medicine accordingly.
Q: My cholesterol has reached the right level after taking this medicine. Can I stop this medicine now?
A: No, you need to keep taking the medicine so as to keep the cholesterol levels from increasing again. However, it can be stopped if your doctor suggests so.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:34 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved