Anxozap 15mg Tablets
Anxozap 15 MG Description
Anxozap tablet is a prescription medicine used for managing anxiety and panic disorders. It consists of oxazepam as an active ingredient. It is a tranquilliser medicine (used to reduce symptoms of an
xiety). This tablet works by balancing the chemical substances in the brain, which slows the activity in the brain and relaxes the overworked nervous system. Anxiety and panic attacks occur due to overstimulation of the nerve cells. The reason behind it can be due to some personal triggers, such as past trauma. A proper dosage of Anxozap tablets helps in relieving these conditions. Take this medication in the exact dose prescribed by the doctor as it can lead to drowsiness, fatigue, and some other side effects. Dosage of Anxozap tablets should be monitored for this medicine because it has the potential to be habit-forming medicine and can cause physical dependence. Try to take Anxozap tablets at the same time each day because it helps maintain a constant dose in the body. Do not stop taking this medicine as it can cause certain withdrawal symptoms like muscle cramps, sweating, vomiting, tremors, etc. The dose should be slowly tapered down. It can induce both weight gain and loss, and it varies from person to person. It can also increase suicidal thoughts in some people.
|You Save||₹23.81 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, anxiety associated with alcohol withdrawal, anxiety associated with depression|
|Side effects||Lightheadedness, blurred speech, change in sex drive, balancing problems, suicidal thoughts, seizures, sleepiness|
Uses of Anxozap 15 MG
- Anxozap tablet can be used in:
- The management of symptoms of anxiety disorder
- Treating anxiety associated with depression
- The treatment of anxiety caused by alcohol withdrawal (symptoms that can develop in people who stop drinking alcohol after drinking large quantities for a long time).
Contraindications of Anxozap 15 MG
- Do not use Anxozap tablet if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you have an allergic reaction to any component of the Anxozap tablet
- If you have any history of addiction to substances or alcohol, Anxozap medicine has the habit-forming potential.
- If you have respiratory depression (steady decline of breathing) or a head injury. This medicine increases the risk of life-threatening breathing problems.
- If you are using antidepressant medications.
- If you are pregnant, Anxozap can cause congenital disabilities in unborn babies, especially in the first trimester.
- If you are breastfeeding, this can have adverse effects on newborn babies.
- If you have closed-angle glaucoma, an eye disorder, Anxozap medicine can increase the fluid pressure in the eye.
- If you notice having mood changes, suicidal or other harmful thoughts.
- If you are taking other medications that have narcotic or opioid ingredients.
- If you are younger than the age of 18, this medicine is not recommended.
- If you have breathing problems like asthma, sleep apnea, etc.
- If you are at risk of falling most of the time.
Side effects of Anxozap 15 MG
- Blurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Change in sex drive
- Balancing problems
Precautions and Warnings of Anxozap 15 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are trying to get pregnant.
- You are using medication for fungal infections.
- You have a seizure disorder and are under antiepileptic medication.
- You are using any vitamin, herbal medicines, or supplements, as they may interact with this medicine.
- You have a history of lung, kidney, or liver disorders, as the dose needs adjustment.
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years of age as high doses may cause serious adverse effects due to the slow metabolism.
- You are planning to have any medical, surgical, or dental procedure.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like sweating, tremors, nausea, agitation, and confusion.
Mode of Action of Anxozap 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Anxozap 15 MG
- Take the Anxozap tablet exactly in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Anxozap, even if you cannot notice any changes.
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it.
- Take an Anxozap tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not use it with other medications without confirming your doctor.
- Do not take this tablet if the package has already been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Anxozap medication, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Anxozap 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking antifungal medication (like itraconazole or ketoconazole), do not mix them with the Anxozap tablet.
- Taking antidepressants or mood-elevating medications like fluoxetine or desipramine can cause adverse and contrasting effects when mixed with Anxozap tablets.
- Anxozap tablets can reduce the effect of oral contraceptives or birth control pills.
- Do not mix Anxozap tablets with antihistamines (allergy medication), as it can increase the effects of drowsiness, fatigue, etc.
- Do not take other sedative medications or Benzodiazepine like alprazolam, sertraline, etc., with Anxozap tablet; it can enhance the side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit and its juice; it reduces the effect of Anxozap medicine.
- Avoid eating St John’s wort (a flower), a medicinal herb that treats depression, with Anxozap medicine.
Storage and disposal of Anxozap 15 MG
Dosage of Anxozap 15 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I gain weight on the Anxozap tablet?
Q: Can I use an Anxozap tablet if I have seizures?
Q: Can I use an Anxozap tablet for depression?
- Oxazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- S; PRVMMCJRFS. Differential effects of oral contraceptive steroids on the metabolism of benzodiazepines [Internet]. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.). U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- Oxazepam [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 feb 20]. Available from: