Ambolev 5mg Tablet
Ambolev 5 MG Description
Ambolev Tablet is an antiallergic medicine. It is used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. Ambolev contains levocetirizine
as its active medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Ambolev Tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
- Cetcip L 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.81₹ 62.75₹ 6.28/Tablet
- Okacet L Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.70₹ 53.30₹ 5.33/Tablet
- Xyzal 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 180.50₹ 171.48₹ 11.43/Tablet
- Levocetrizen 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 24.5043.42% CHEAPER₹ 2.45/Tablet
- Laveta 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.00₹ 82.45₹ 8.25/Tablet
- Vozet 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.00₹ 79.05₹ 7.91/Tablet
- Teczine 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 92.00₹ 78.20₹ 7.82/Tablet
- Lisani 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 58.75₹ 5.88/Tablet
- Lazine 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Genix10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.00₹ 49.60₹ 4.96/Tablet
- Levocet 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.50₹ 43.77₹ 4.38/Tablet
Uses of Ambolev 5 MG
- Ambolev Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Ambolev 5 MG
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Ambolev Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Ambolev 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Ambolev 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Ambolev 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ambolev 5 MG
- Take Ambolev Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Ambolev 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ambolev Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Ambolev Tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Ambolev 5 MG
- Store Ambolev Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ambolev 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Ambolev Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: Can I stop taking Ambolev Tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: Is Ambolev an antibiotic?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]