Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
By ADMAC FORMULATIONS
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Afzone Xp 250mg Inj contains a combination of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam which belongs to the class of cephalosporin and penicillin antibiotics respectively.
Uses of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
It is mainly used before surgeries to prevent infection which may arise post-surgery like vaginal or abdominal surgeries to remove uterus, surgery to remove gall bladder stone or for jaundice, etc.
Contraindications of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam and any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems
- Should not be given to premature babies
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in blood
Side effects of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
- Loose stools
- Rash and severe skin allergies (Allergic dermatitis)
- Bleeding disorder (coagulopathy)
- Itching and pain at the injection site
- Increased liver enzymes
- Decrease in white blood cells and red blood cells
- Increased number of eosinophils (Eosinophilia)
- Increased creatinine levels in blood
Precautions and Warnings of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
Can I take Afzone Xp 250mg Inj during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not clearly known, it must be used only if prescribed by your doctor
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby
- Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I take Afzone Xp 250mg Inj while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes in human milk in low amounts
- The baby should be monitored for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of mouth
- Your doctor will decide if the medicine should be discontinued when you are breastfeeding, only after assessing the benefit over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Afzone Xp 250mg Inj?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection, thus be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Afzone Xp 250mg Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness. It is advisable to avoid alcohol if you have taken this injection
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy after taking the antibiotic
- You have developed diarrhea after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and inform your doctor
- You have serious liver and kidney disease
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease
- You are suffering from anaemia
- You are suffering from disease of bowel inflammation (Colitis)
Mode of Action of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
How Does It Work?
- Afzone Xp 250mg Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Ceftriaxone
- Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally
Directions for Use of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationRead less
- This injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution
- This medicine alters the action of oral contraceptives. Thus it is advisable to use alternative contraceptive measures like condoms when you are taking this medicine
- This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given
Storage and disposal of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
- Store it below 25°C protected from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly
Dosage of Afzone Xp 250mg Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, therefore chances of overdose are rare
- However, if you experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach upset immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this Afzone Xp 250mg Inj?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved