Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets Description
Afixim Clav 325mg Tab contains combination of Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid as an active ingredient. This is a higher antibiotic meant for the treatment of severe infections.
|₹45.36 (14% on MRP)
|Cefixime + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime + Clavulanate(Clavulanic Acid)
Uses of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
Treatment of severe infections of urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, skin or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporin class of antibiotics
Side effects of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
- Frequent or loose stool
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Skin rashes, itching
- Mouth ulcers
- Increase in liver enzyme
- Blood disorders
- Itching in the genital tract
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
Can I take Afixim Clav 325mg Tab during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not yet studied
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor
Can I take Afixim Clav 325mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is not known whether cefixime passes into human milk
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are taking this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Afixim Clav 325mg Tab?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it can cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Afixim Clav 325mg Tab?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine with alcohol. However, it is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have history of allergy to penicillins, cephalosporins
- You have a history of infection and swelling in the colon (colitis)
- You have a history of haemolytic anaemia (decreased red blood cells)
- You have blood clotting problem or you are taking any anticoagulant medicine
- You experience persistent diarrhoea
- You are suffering from kidney problems as Cefixime may worsen the condition
Mode of Action of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefixime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall
- However, the bacteria can make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Cefixime
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme. This helps Cefixime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid; any interactions seen with these two components individually may occur with this combination
- This medicine can increase the levels of Carbamazepine (a medicine used for controlling fits or nerve pain), thus monitoring is required
- If you are taking blood thinners like Warfarin, there may be an increased risk of bleeding
- If you are taking birth control pills like oral contraceptives (O.C pills), caution is needed as this medicine interferes with their action
- If you are undergoing a glucose test (to detect the amount of glucose in the blood), false "positive reaction" may occur
- If you are undergoing a coombs test (to detect antibodies attached to red blood cells), false "positive reaction" may occur
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Afixim Clav 325mg Tablets
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain damage (encephalopathy) may occur
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Q. For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescription. If you stop it early, the infection may reoccur. Also, next time, the bacteria may not respond to this antibiotic as incomplete treatments can lead to bacterial resistance.
Q: Q. I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Expires on or After
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.