Adicif 1gm Inj
By CIAN HEALTHCARE
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Adicif 1gm Inj contains Ceftriaxone as an active ingredient. It is an antibiotic for severe infections.
Uses of Adicif 1gm Inj
- Infection of the brain
- Respiratory tract infections (Pneumonia and COPD)
- Ear infections
- Abdominal infections
- Infection of urinary tract
- Bone and joint infection
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Gonorrhoea and syphilis (sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Infection of the lining of the heart and heart valve
- Infection caused by tick bite
- Infection of the surgical site before operation
Contraindications of Adicif 1gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines known as cephalosporin
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems
- Do not give this injection to premature babies
- If a newborn is suffering from jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin in blood
- Ceftriaxone solution containing lidocaine should not be given as an injection
Side effects of Adicif 1gm Inj
- Increased number of eosinophils (Eosinophilia)
- Decreased number of leucocytes (Leucopenia)
- Diarrhea, loose stools
- Increased liver enzymes
- Fungal infections
- Decrease in white blood cells (Granulocytopenia)
- Decreased red blood cells (Anaemia)
- Bleeding disorder like coagulopathy (a condition in which the ablity of blood to form clots is decreased)
- Itching at injection site
- Pain at the injection site
- Increased creatinine levels in blood
Precautions and Warnings of Adicif 1gm Inj
Can I take Adicif 1gm Inj during pregnancy?
- The medicine can be used in pregnant women and during the first trimester only if necessary
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or plaining a baby. Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I take Adicif 1gm Inj while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes in human milk in low amounts and has no effects on the breastfed baby
- However, the baby should be monitored for side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of mouth
- Your doctor will decide if the medicine should be discontinued
Can I drive if I have consumed Adicif 1gm Inj?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection, thus be cautious/avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Adicif 1gm Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness. It is advised to avoid alcohol if you have taken this injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver diseases
- You have kidney diseases or kidney stones
- You are suffering from gallstones
- You are suffering from anaemia (reduces red blood cells)
- You are suffering from bowel inflammation
- You have stomach disease or problems like diarrhea after taking antibiotics
- You have taken any medicine containing calcium recently
- If you are planning to get a blood test, it may intefere with the results
Mode of Action of Adicif 1gm Inj
How Does It Work?
It works by stopping the formation of cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes infection.
Directions for Use of Adicif 1gm Inj
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Adicif 1gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Calcium containing diluents like ringer lactate should not be used for reconstitution
- Medicines known as oral anticoagulants (blood thinners) can increase the risk of bleeding
- Medicines known as aminoglycosides (antibiotics) increase the risk of kidney damage when given with this medicine
- Medicine such as local anesthetics which are known to cause methemoglobinemia (abnormal amount of methemoglobin - a type of haemoglobin)
Storage and disposal of Adicif 1gm Inj
- Store below 30°C
- Protect if from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly
Dosage of Adicif 1gm Inj
- This injection will be given by your doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely you will receive more of this medicine
- However if you experience dizziness, fever, chills and stomach upset immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Adicif 1gm Inj if I feel better after taking few injections?
A: No, you should always take the full course of antibiotics,as failing that may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor before you stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to Cefuroxime, can I take Adicif 1gm Inj?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have allergy to cefuroxime. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics like cephalexin, cefadroxil & cefazolin etc.
Q: What other disease conditions should I discuss with my doctor before taking Adicif 1gm Inj?
A: You should discuss with your doctor if you are on any other medication. If you have any stomach, kidney or liver disease. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Can I take Adicif 1gm Inj injection at home or on my own?
- No, it should only be taken if prescribed by a doctor under medical supervision.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved