Acutret 20mg Capsule
Acutret 20 MG Description
Acutret 20 capsule is an anti-acne medicine that contains isotretinoin as an active ingredient. It is used to treat severe acne (pimples) that haven’t responded to other treatments. It may take a few
weeks to improve the symptoms but you need to complete the entire course of the medicine. Do not stop the medicine suddenly, even if you feel better. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, as it may need an alternative treatment. Avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Always discuss with your physician if you have any medical conditions including any other skin problems.
- Rosarex 20mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 180.00₹ 120.6050% CHEAPER₹ 12.06/Capsule
- Isotrenol 20mg Capsule 10'sBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 217.70₹ 185.0424% CHEAPER₹ 18.5/Capsule
- Acnetoin I 20mg Capsule 10'sBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 195.00₹ 156.0036% CHEAPER₹ 15.6/Capsule
- Isotroin 20mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 479.89₹ 407.91₹ 27.19/Capsule
- Tretiva 20mg CapsuleBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 195.5020% CHEAPER₹ 19.55/Capsule
- Zitblow 20mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 291.48₹ 247.76₹ 24.78/Capsule
- Resoten 20mg CapsuleBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 210.00₹ 178.5027% CHEAPER₹ 17.85/Capsule
- Tufacne 20mg CapsuleBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 293.27₹ 249.28₹ 24.93/Capsule
- Tretin Iso 20mg CapsuleBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 269.00₹ 228.656% CHEAPER₹ 22.87/Capsule
- I Deriva 20mg CapsuleBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 225.00₹ 191.2522% CHEAPER₹ 19.13/Capsule
Uses of Acutret 20 MG
Contraindications of Acutret 20 MG
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients of the Acutret 20 capsule.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are suffering from a high cholesterol level or vitamin A level.
- If you are taking tetracyclines, a type of antibiotic like chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline.
Side effects of Acutret 20 MG
- Dry skin
- Skin rash, itching
- Pain in the back, muscle, joint
Precautions and Warnings of Acutret 20 MG
- Acutret 20 capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver, kidney, heart, intestines.
- You have any psychiatric illness such as depression, mood changes, aggression.
- You have diabetes, this medicine may increase your blood sugar.
- You develop any allergic reactions.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant or planning to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You should avoid too much exercise or physical activity.
- You should not take vitamin A supplements while taking Acutret 20 capsules.
- You should not donate blood while on treatment for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- You should not have cosmetic procedures like waxing, laser for at least 6 months after the final dose.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You should not share Acutret 20 capsule.
- This medicine may increase your blood cholesterol, you should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Acutret 20 capsule should not be given to children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Acutret 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acutret 20 MG
- Acutret 20 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Acutret 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acutret 20 capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may be at the risk of developing high levels of Vitamin A in your body when taken along with Vitamin A supplements. You should not take them concurrently.
- You may develop high blood pressure when taken along with tetracycline to treat an infection. You should not take them concurrently.
- Concurrent use of Acutret 20 capsule with other creams and ointments like Benzoyl Peroxide, Tazarotene, azelaic acid, tretinoin should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Acutret 20 MG
- Store Acutret 20 capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Acutret 20 MG
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Acutret 20 capsule as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Acutret 20 capsule on my own?
Q: Does Acutret 20 capsule make your skin dry?
Q: What is the use of the Acutret 20 capsule?
Q: Is the Acutret 20 capsule a steroid?
- Isotretinoin 20 mg Soft Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Isotretinoin 20 mg Soft Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Isotretinoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]