Acutret 20mg Capsule
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acutret 20 capsule is an anti-acne medicine that contains isotretinoin as an active ingredient. It is used to treat severe acne (pimples) that haven’t responded to other treatments. It may take a few weeks to improve the symptoms but you need to complete the entire course of the medicine. Do not stop the medicine suddenly, even if you feel better. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding, as it may need an alternative treatment. Avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Always discuss with your physician if you have any medical conditions including any other skin problems.
Uses of Acutret 20mg Capsule
Acutret 20 capsule is used to treat severe acne which has not responded to any other treatments.
Contraindications of Acutret 20mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients of the Acutret 20 capsule.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you are suffering from a high cholesterol level or vitamin A level.
- If you are taking tetracyclines, a type of antibiotic like chlortetracycline, oxytetracycline.
Side effects of Acutret 20mg Capsule
- Dry skin
- Skin rash, itching
- Pain in the back, muscle, joint
Precautions and Warnings of Acutret 20mg Capsule
Can I take Acutret 20 capsule during pregnancy?
- Acutret 20 capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the unborn baby. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue the medicine immediately and consult your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Acutret 20 capsule while breastfeeding?
Acutret 20 capsule is likely to pass into your milk and may harm your baby. Hence, it must not be used during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acutret 20 capsule?
You may experience visual disturbances, drowsiness and dizziness after taking Acutret 20 capsule. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Acutret 20 capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Acutret 20 capsule, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver, kidney, heart, intestines.
- You have any psychiatric illness such as depression, mood changes, aggression.
- You have diabetes, this medicine may increase your blood sugar.
- You develop any allergic reactions.
- You are pregnant or may become pregnant or planning to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You should avoid too much exercise or physical activity.
- You should not take vitamin A supplements while taking Acutret 20 capsules.
- You should not donate blood while on treatment for at least 1 month after the final dose.
- You should not have cosmetic procedures like waxing, laser for at least 6 months after the final dose.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as this medicine may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You should not share Acutret 20 capsule.
- This medicine may increase your blood cholesterol, you should avoid drinking alcohol.
- Acutret 20 capsule should not be given to children below 12 years.
Mode of Action of Acutret 20mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
A high amount of oil can cause severe acne. Acutret 20 capsule works by decreasing the oil in the skin and reducing the production of facial oil, thus preventing acne.
Directions for Use of Acutret 20mg Capsule
- Acutret 20 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Acutret 20mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acutret 20 capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may be at the risk of developing high levels of Vitamin A in your body when taken along with Vitamin A supplements. You should not take them concurrently.
- You may develop high blood pressure when taken along with tetracycline to treat an infection. You should not take them concurrently.
- Concurrent use of Acutret 20 capsule with other creams and ointments like Benzoyl Peroxide, Tazarotene, azelaic acid, tretinoin should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Acutret 20mg Capsule
- Store Acutret 20 capsule below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Acutret 20mg Capsule
Excess of Acutret 20 capsule will lead to high levels of vitamin A in the body and show symptoms such as headache, nausea or vomiting, sleepiness, irritability and itching. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Acutret 20 capsule as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Acutret 20 capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Acutret 20 capsule until advised by a doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Does Acutret 20 capsule make your skin dry?
A: Acutret 20 capsule may make your skin a little dry. Hence, you should keep yourself well hydrated and keep moisturising your skin.
Q: What is the use of the Acutret 20 capsule?
A: Acutret 20 capsule is used to treat severe acne which has not responded to any other treatments.
Q: Is the Acutret 20 capsule a steroid?
A: No, the Acutret 20 capsule is not a steroid. It belongs to a group of medicine known as retinoid, a vitamin A derivative, which is used to treat severe types of acne.
- Isotretinoin 20 mg Soft Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Isotretinoin 20 mg Soft Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Isotretinoin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 02:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved