Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet Description
Actiblok Am Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains amlodipine and metoprolol
as thier active ingredients. It is also used for the treatment of coronary heart diseases (a heart condition where blood vessels supplying blood to your heart muscle gets narrowed). It works by the combined action of its two ingredients and results in relaxation of blood vessels and improved blood flow and thus lowers blood pressure. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure and heart related diseases are critical health conditions, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better.
|You Save||₹9.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoprolol(25.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and angina pectoris|
|Side effects||Dizziness, sleepiness, headache, nausea|
- Amlovas M 5/25mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.00₹ 96.05₹ 9.61/Tablet
- Starpress Am Xl 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.25₹ 68.21₹ 6.82/Tablet
- Met Xl Am 25/5mg Tablet 20'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 225.00₹ 191.25₹ 9.56/Tablet
- Revelol Am 25/5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.70₹ 140.84₹ 9.39/Tablet
- Betabest Am 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.50₹ 54.82₹ 5.48/Tablet
- Vinicor Am 25/5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.50₹ 85.42₹ 8.54/Tablet
- Amlopin M 25mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 103.90₹ 88.31₹ 8.83/Tablet
- Prolomet Am 25mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 90.95₹ 9.09/Tablet
Uses of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
Contraindications of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as heart failure problem, irregular heartbeats and heart blockage.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any health conditions related to the heart, liver and kidneys.
- You experience that there is no improvement in blood pressure and it is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level or develop thyroid-related disorders.
- You are suffering from asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You are above 60 years, pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Actiblok Am Tablet works by the combined action of metoprolol & amlodipine. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing down the heart rate to improve blood flow. This leads to a decrease in blood pressure and relieves chest pain due to angina....
- Amlodipine works by relaxing blood vessels and reducing the load on the heart. It also improves blood circulation in heart muscles and controls chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
- Actiblok Am Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food with a sufficient amount of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Actiblok Am Tablet can affect the action of other medicines or other medicines can alter the action of Actiblok Am Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats if taken along with this medicine can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeats.
- Other medicines such as immunomodulators, muscle relaxants, pain killers, cholesterol-lowering medicines should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Actiblok Am 25mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)