Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Abiways tablet contains a combination of acebrophylline and acetylcysteine as an active ingredient. They belong to the class of bronchodilators and mucolytics, respectively. Abiways tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of coughing, wheezing, congestion and blockage in the airways in a condition called chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Abiways works by relaxing the airways and loosening the cough, thus making the expulsion of cough easy. Take the Abiways tablet as advised by your treating doctor, for the prescribed duration. Avoid smoking, as it may further worsen the condition. Never stop taking this medicine, as the sudden stopping of this medicine may result in worsening of the condition....
|You Save||₹30.15 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Acetylcysteine(600.0 Mg),Acebrophylline(100.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR CHRONIC OBSTRUCTIVE PULMONARY DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Acetylcysteine(600.0 Mg) + Acebrophylline(100.0 Mg)
9 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
Abiways tablet is used for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in adults.
Contraindications of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to acebrophylline, acetylcysteine or any other ingredients of Abiways tablet.
- If you have a heart failure problem, low blood pressure, unstable blood pressure or irregular heartbeats
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- This medicine should not be used in patients below 18 years of age.
Side effects of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach discomfort
- Rashes & Itching
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Abiways Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this combination of medicine during pregnancy. However, the component of this medicine is known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be avoided during pregnancy, unless advised by your doctor.
Can I take the Abiways Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine in breastfeeding women. Hence, Abiways should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Abiways Tablet?
You may experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this tablet. Thus, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Abiways Tablet?
There is no information available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have cardiac problems like congestive heart failure or irregular heartbeats or high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from bronchial asthma.
- You have a liver problem or have viral infections.
- You have a history of chronic alcoholism.
- Your thyroid is overactive and you have a condition called hyperthyroidism.
- You have any stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- You have a history of convulsive disorders.
- Your kidneys are not functioning properly or have existing kidney failure problems.
Mode of Action of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Acebrophylline works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the airways and induces the release of pulmonary surfactants which helps in the clearance of congestion.
- Acetylcysteine breaks down and loosens thick phlegm, making it runny and easy to cough up and clearing the airway.
Directions for Use of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Use the Abiways Tablet as directed by your doctor.
- This medicine is taken orally and may be taken with or without food.
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Abiways tablet works or Abiways itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Steroids and Diuretics (water pills), when used along with such medicine, can decrease potassium levels. Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Expired medicine should not be disposed off in wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Abiways Strip Of 10 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of the Abiways tablets are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, increased heartbeat and fits. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you have missed taking any dose of the Abiways Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Abiways an expectorant?
A: Yes, it is an expectorant. It works by relaxing the airways and loosening the cough, thus making the expulsion of the cough easy.
Q: Is Abiways tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Abiways is not an antibiotic
Q: Can Abiways tablet be given for a 10-year-old child?
A: Abiways should be used only on patients above 18 years of age. Please consult a paediatrician before giving any medicine to your child as their body functions are not developed like adults and they relatively require small doses of medicines. Never self medicate any medicine to your child.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]
- NACSYS 600mg Effervescent Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]
- NACSYS 600mg Effervescent Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]
- MUCOPHYLIN Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.