Roxithromycin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the respirat
ory tract, skin, urinary tract, etc. It belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. Roxithromycin is available in the form of tablet, capsule, syrup, suspension, oral liquid, oral drops. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting roxithromycin.
Uses of Roxithromycin
Contraindications of Roxithromycin
When should one not use Roxithromycin
- If you are allergic to roxithromycin or similar antibiotics (macrolide) such as azithromycin
- If you have problems with your liver
- If you are on any medication for migraine.
Side effects of Roxithromycin
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Roxithromycin
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You develop continuous diarrhoea after taking roxithromycin
Mode of Action of Roxithromycin
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Roxithromycin
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way roxithromycin works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your psychiatric illnesses, gastrointestinal problems, allergy, sleep problems or are taking medicines like blood thinners, medicines used to modify immune system during organ transplant....