Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
Zolsoma 10mg Tablet Description
Zolsoma 10 mg Tablet comes under the therapeutic classification of sedative-hypnotics. It is used for the short-term treatment of insomnia. Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that is characterised by tr
ouble in falling asleep. It may be short term or long term due to various complications like anxiety, stress, and breathing problems. Zolsoma 10 mg Tab is a combination medicine containing melatonin and zolpidem. Zolsoma 10 mg Tab may cause medicine dependence if taken in higher doses for a longer duration of time. The risk of this Zolsoma dependency is higher in patients who have a history of substance or alcohol abuse. It should be administered with caution to patients showing signs or symptoms of depression. They may have suicidal tendencies, and protective measures may be required. Rapid decrease in dose or abrupt discontinuation of Zolsoma 10 mg Tab may lead to withdrawal symptoms. Do not stop taking Zolsoma medicine suddenly without consulting your doctor. Also, do not take it for more extended periods than prescribed by your doctor.
|You Save||₹12.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Melatonin(3.0 Mg) + Zolpidem(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||for sleep disorders like insomnia characterised by difficulties with sleep Initiation, jet lag and regulation of circadian rhythm disorders.|
|Side effects||Abnormal thinking, Behaviour changes, Memory impairment, Anxiety, Drowsiness, Dizziness, and Diarrohea.|
Uses of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
- Zolsoma 10 mg Tablet is used for,
- Treatment of sleep disorders like insomnia characterised by difficulties with sleep initiation.
- Managing jet lag and regulation of circadian rhythm disorders.
Contraindications of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to melatonin, zolpidem or any other active ingredients in the medicine.
Side effects of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
- Abnormal thinking, behaviour changes, and complex behaviours(aggressive)
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- Your medicine seems to stop working on your sleep disorder.
- You notice any side effects of this medicine.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or other substances.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have a history of depression or mental illness.
- You have breathing problems, sleep apnoea and severe muscle weakness.
Mode of Action of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
- Consume Zolsoma 10 mg Tab as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take medicine in larger amounts or for a longer time than prescribed by your doctor.
- It is recommended to take the medicine just before bedtime.
- Consume it on an empty stomach.
- Take your prescribed dosage at a fixed time in a day as it can maintain a constant level of medication in your body.
- Do not crush, chew or break it. Swallow the tablet whole.
- To avoid any misuse of this medicine, keep track of how many tablets have been used from the bottle because it is a habit-forming medicine.
Interactions of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Interaction with central nervous system active medicines, like imipramine, haloperidol, fluoxetine, can potentially enhance the CNS depressant effects.
- Interaction with antipsychotic medicines like chlorpromazine can increase the effect of this Zolsoma 10 mg Tab.
Interactions with food items
- Unless suggested by your doctor, there is no need to avoid any particular type of food or drink.
Storage and disposal of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
Dosage of Zolsoma 10mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Zolsoma 10 mg Tab can be used for all age groups?
Q: Is Zolsoma 10 mg Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: When should you take Zolsoma 10 mg Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- Kasim S, Zhang B, Harrouk W, Asante K. Melatonin Evaluation Team [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING INFORMATION [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- User. Somidem tablet [Internet]. Gov.my. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from:
- Europa.eu. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from
- Europa.eu. [cited 2022 Feb 18]. Available from: