Zocef 125mg Tablet
Zocef 125 MG Description
Zocef Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains cefuroxime as an active ingredient. Zocef Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of lungs, airways, tonsils, throat, sinus, ears,
urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Take this medicine as suggested by your doctor. For effective treatment results always complete the course of antibiotic medicine. You should also avoid taking antibiotics unnecessarily as it can make the antibiotic ineffective for future treatment.
Uses of Zocef 125 MG
Contraindications of Zocef 125 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of allergic reaction due to antibiotics.
Side effects of Zocef 125 MG
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infections
- Raised liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Zocef 125 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience continuous diarrhoea after taking this medicine, immediately stop taking it and seek medical help.
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine.
- You develop a rash with blisters and peeling of skin and white patches around your mouth.
- You have a kidney-related disease.
Mode of Action of Zocef 125 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zocef 125 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Zocef 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the action of Zocef Tablet or Zocef Tablet it self can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals or supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for acidity, oral contraceptives, anti-gout medicines and blood thinners such as warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Zocef 125 MG
- Store Zocef Tablet in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.